- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Palm Rotational Row Instructions
- Select the appropriate dumbbells and place them on the floor in front of you.
- Bending at the knees and keeping your back straight, squat down and pick up the dumbbells with an overhand grip (palms facing the floor).
- Get into the starting position by keeping your back straight and bending at the knees. Let the dumbbells slide down your thighs until they're just below knee height.
- Pull the dumbbells up towards your stomach. While pulling the dumbbells up, twist at the wrist from an over hand to an under hand position.
- As you lower the dumbbells, reverse this twist so you end the rep within the overhand position.
Palm Rotational Row Tips
- Keep your head up and your eyes looking straight to ensure that your back does not arch.
- Keep your elbows in at your sides.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the top of the movement.