- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePush (Bilateral)
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Abs, Shoulders, Triceps
Target Muscle Group
Incline Push Ups Overview
The incline push up is a variation of the push up and an exercise used to target the push muscles of the body including the chest, shoulders, and triceps.
The incline push up is often used as a bodyweight exercise to mimic the decline bench press.
It is also a great exercise to use while you’re progressing to the point where you can perform full bodyweight push ups from the ground.
Incline Push Ups Instructions
- Assume a tall kneeling position with your hands on a bench, toes tucked, and knees under hips.
- Extend one leg at a time and assume a pushup position with the legs straight, elbows extended, and head in a neutral position looking at the floor.
- Slowly descend to the floor by retracting the shoulder blades and unlocking the elbows.
- Descend until your chest touches the bench.
- Push back to the starting point by extending the elbows and driving your palms into the floor.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Incline Push Ups Tips
- Your arms should resemble an arrow in the bottom position, not a “T”.
- Your spine should remain rigid throughout the entire exercise, think of the pushup as a moving plank.
- Squeeze your glutes and brace your abs before descending in order to keep the ribcage neutral.
- Keep the chin down and don’t look forward.
- Imagine you’re trying to push your thumbs together while completing the movement, this will improve activation of the pecs.
- Don’t allow the head to jut forward, the chest should touch at the same time as your nose.
Think about trying to push yourself as far away from the floor as possible.
- Ensure you push all the way through at the top of the repetition and allow your shoulder blades to move around your ribcage.
- Most folks cut the repetition short and don’t garner the full benefits as such.
Ders nthn wrng in askin ..atleast being concerned abf out self physic is d utmost need of ny person.....so stop being so racist dts rude...b decent.....no cmmnts aby countries
I really appreciate for your guidence that you have given us.please Send me a copy of chest exercises in avideo form to my mail.Thanks.
Get a grip. I lived in India and they will ask for anything without being embarassed.
I will chip in for flights so they videos can be hand delivered.
Send all exercise workout book
Hi I am pradipta from India, and if you will send all this vedio to me i will very glad. Also please send some usefull tips so that i can make good physic.
i will like if you send me all this in a book tanks berry good i lke the exercise