- The alternate decline bench knee raise is a good exercise to hit your lower abs. Grab a decline bench and set the angle to around 30 to 45 degrees.
- Lay on the bench backwards, with your head the highest end.
- Hold onto the pads above your head for stability.
- With your feet and knees together, point your legs out straight so your body forms a straight plank. Your legs should not be resting on the bench. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Execute by slowly pulling your right knee up towards your chest as high as possible.
- Extend your right leg back to the starting position and repeat with the left leg. This is one rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Do the exercise slowly for the maximum results.