- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cable Tricep Kickback Instructions
- Set up for the cable tricep kickback by attaching a single grip handle to a low pulley cable machine and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Grab the handle using your left hand with an overhand grip and take a step back from the cable machine.
- Keeping your feet together and knees slightly bent, bend down until your body is around parallel to the floor.
- Use your free right hand to stabilize yourself.
- Bring the elbow up as far as possible and keep it tight by your side. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbow in place and your body fixed, extend your arm out as far as possible.
- Squeeze the tricep, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Cable Tricep Kickback Tips
- It's important you keep your elbow as high as possible and don't move it at all during the set.
- Squeeze the tricep and hold for a count of 2 to add extra intensity to the exercise.
- As a general rule, always work your weakest side first. In most cases, this will be the left.