Alternate Standing Dumbbell Press Instructions
- The alternate standing dumbbell press is one of the most popular mass builders for the shoulders! Set up for the exercise by grabbing a pair of dumbbells and standing straight up with your feet around shoulder width apart.
- Raise the dumbbells to shoulder height on each side, and twist so that your palms are facing forward. Keep your head up and eyes facing forward. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise the dumbbell in your left hand above your head until your arm is almost fully extended.
- Do not pause at the top of the movement, and immediately begin lowering the dumbbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement immediately with your right arm and repeat for desired reps.
- The standing dumbbell press is a solid mass building compound movement that can add serious mass when using heavy weights WITH correct form. Many lifters let the form go and add weight too quickly. This will at times result in an injury and could hinder your shoulder gains.
- Always use the longest range of motion possible and control the dumbbells throughout the set.