Stephanie played softball and basketball in college. While attending her brother's first bodybuilding contest, Stephanie met her future husband, bodybuilder Doug Miller. In her first competition, she won the open, novice, and overall figure divisions.
- 2007 – IFPA Yorton Cup Pro International – 1st Pro Figure
- 2007 – IFPA Gaspari Nutrition Pro Classic – 2nd Pro Figure
- 2006 – NPC East Coast Classic – 1st Overall Figure
- 2006 – NPC BodyRock – 6th Figure C
- 2006 – IFPA Centaur Pro – 1st Pro Figure
- 2005 – IFPA American States Pro – 1st Pro Figure
- 2005 – OCB Central Atlantic States – 1st Overall Figure
What is your training philosophy?
Stephanie has a very simple approach to training: "hard, heavy and intense."
What workout works best for you?
Four to seven exercises for each large body part. Rep ranges stay between 8 and 15. Stephanie incorporates supersets, drop sets and tri-sets to increase training intensity.
- Monday: Chest and Abs
- Tuesday: Back and Glutes
- Wednesday: Arms and Abs
- Thursday: Hamstrings, Outer Thigh, Glutes and Calves
- Friday: Shoulders, Traps and Abs
- Saturday: Cardio or rest
- Sunday: Quads, Calves, Inner Thighs and Abs
If you have to pick only 2 exercises, what would they be?
What are your staple nutritional beliefs?
- Diet is 90% of the battle. Good training can't make up for a bad diet.
- Stephanie feels her body is most anabolic when 10-15 pounds over her contest weight.
- Eat 5 to 6 small meals per day.
- 1 to 2 grams or protein per pound of bodyweight.
- Crucial meals are breakfast, preworkout, postworkout, and bedtime.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
Sushi, filet mignon, berries and shrimp.
Favorite cheat food?
TCBY Fat Free Yogurt.
Advice For Others
What is the best tip you can give to women thinking about competing?
"Stop spending 2 hours a day on the treadmill and start pressing, deadlifting, and squatting."
What's your best tip for looking your best on competition day?
Stephanie recommends training hard as the competition approaches so that you don't lose muscle.
What are your goals?
"To continue using my God given talents to my best abilities while being a positive role model to others."
Monica Brant Peckham, Mary Lado.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?