What is your background and how did you get started in figure/fitness competitions?
I am actually now competing in Fitness. I was a National Level Cheerleader in HS.
- 2009 NYC Steve Stone Metropolitans 1st in Fitness, 3rd Figure A
- 2009 Jay Cutler, 3rd Fitness
- 2009 SC JR USA 4th Fitness
- 2008 RI Maggie Fit, 1st Fitness, 1st in Figure
- 2008 Expel Best Body Swimsuit 2nd Place, 1st Figure Short
What is your training philosophy?
I really never train differently. Of course, close to show becomes more intense but I am always pretty diligent. Cardio really changes. During off season I am not doing close to as much as I am close to show.
What's a good workout routine that has given you results?
- Monday - Legs. 4 sets of 10 reps per exercise. Heavy weight.
- Tuesday - Shoulders. 4 sets of 10 reps per exercise, with some supersets. Heavy weight.
- Wednesday - Back. 4 sets of 10-15 reps. Heavy weight.
- Thursday - Arms. Sets and reps vary.
- Friday - Chest. Chest work, 4 sets of 10 reps. Leg plyos and sprint work.
- Saturday - Cardio, Yoda, Fitness Routine Practice. Cardio, yoga, Fitness routine practice.
- Sunday - Yoga and Rest. Yoga and rest.
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
What is your philosophy on nutrition?
Eat unprocessed food, and rewards are always good once in a while. If you don’t you will wind up burning out fast. I like to stay clean during the week, this way I have something to look forward to without guilt.
Give us a typical day in your off season diet:
I still eat 5-6 meals a day, with clean protein in each one. My post and pre-workout meals are consistant. I add fats and fruit back in as well.
Give us a typical day in your diet (contest prep):
A lot of fish and asparagus.
What are your favorite meals and foods?
I love fish, flank steak, salad and broccoli.
Favorite cheat food?
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
- B12, every day for energy.
- Vitamin C, daily to keep Immune system strong.
- Whey Protein only far out from show to add variety. Usually post workout because it acts quickly.
Advice For Others
What are the 3 best tips you'd give to someone thinking about competing in fitness?
- Get the facts about the organization your competing in.
- Hire someone REPUTABLE to help you.
- Don’t let outside Influences get in the way of your goals.
What is your best advice for looking your best on competition day?
Stick to the plan, don’t get side tracked. It’s easy on competition day to think that you have it all figured out and get sloppy!
What shows have you got coming up, where can we see you compete?
Team Universe 2009 NYC (Fitness).
What would you like to achieve in your fitness/figure career?
IFBB Pro Fitness Card.
Who are your favorite fitness/figure competitors and idols?
Monica Brant, Tracey Greenwood.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?
- My Facebook: (Stacy Curcio)