Laurie is passionate about competition, and has competed in mountain bike racing, long distance running, and figure/bodybuilding competitions. She entered her first figure competition 7 months after giving birth to her first child.
Print Magazine Accomplishments:
- 1997 - Canadian Biker Magazine Biography/Article
- 1998 - Natural Bodybuilding Magazine
- 2005 - Tear USA GlamourGirls Magazine
- 2008 - Inside Fitness Magazine Column/Article
- 2008 - Impact Magazine Photos/Article
- 2008 - Fitness Expert Photos/Article
- 2009 - August 2009 Cover Fitness Experts Magazine
- 2004 - 3rd Place, Lightweight Bodybuilding (Sandra Wickham Comp.)
- 2005 - 5th Place Figure (Western Canadian Championships)
- 2006 - 11th Place Figure (Seattle, WA) Emerald Cup
- 2007 - (September) 1st Place, FAME Fitness Model
- 2007 - (September) 1st Place, UJENA Swimwear Fitness Model
- 2007 - 1st Overall FAME/UJENA Fitness Model
- 2007 - WNSO Pro Status Card
- 2007 - (November) 2nd Place, Pro Fitness Model WNSO (North American Championships)
- 2007 - (November) 3rd Place, Pro Muscle Model WNSO (North American Championships)
- 2008 - (June) 4th Place, Pro Open Muscle Model WNSO World Championships Pro Showdown, Toronto, ON
- 2008 - (June) 1st Place, World Champion Pro Fitness Model WNSO, Toronto, ON
- 2008 - (September) 1st place WBFF World Champion Masters Fitness Model
- 2008 - 3rd Place Elite Figure UFE MVP Quest 2008
- 2009 - 1st Place Open Pro Figure
- 2009 - 1st Place Open Pro Fitness Model (Medium)
- 2009 - 1st Place Overall Open Fitness Model, Atlanta, GA
What supplements do you use that give you great results? How do you use them?
Laurie is sponsored by, and uses Bio-X Nutrition products.
Advice For Others
What are the 3 best tips you'd give to women thinking about competing in figure?
- Believe in yourself! This is the first level of success.
- Surround yourself with positive energy, whether it be from friends or family.
- "Behind every success is effort, behind every effort is passion, behind every passion is someone with the courage to try."
What are your goals?
"I want to show others that anything can really be done with an intense desire to believe."
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?