For almost 2 decades, Kim has worked in the fitness industry as a nutritionist, trainer and competitor. She has a B.S. in Dietetics, and also teaches yoga, exercise dance, pilates and Thai yoga.
What is your competition history?
- 2008 NPC Ms. Heartland Natural, Overall Female Body Builder; Best Poser & Gym Team Award
- 2008 Ms. Wisconsin State Fair Overall Female Body Building Champion
- 2008 NPC Team Universe National Light Wt Female Body Building Champion
- 2008 IFBB Women's World Team Lt Wt Body Builder representative to Santa Susana, Spain
- 2008 WNSO Fame North American Championships, Overall Body Building & 3rd Muscle Model
- 2009 WNSO Fame World Championships, 3rd Pro Body Building & 2nd Pro Muscle Model
What is your training philosophy?
Train hard or go home.
What do you love about bodybuilding?
"I love everything about the sport of natural body building! I love the self-discipline and the focus it requires...I like to set a good example for my friends, family and clients...."walking the talk" so to speak."
What workout has worked for you?
Kim hits the weights 4 to 5 times per week, and does cardio 3-4 times per week. She hits each body part with 6-9 sets.
Monday: Cardio and Calisthenics
Notes: Kim finishes with a burn out set in the 12-20 rep range.
Wednesday: Legs and Biceps
- Deadlift (regular or stiff legged)
- Lunges (all kinds)
- Leg Extension
- Leg Curl, or 45 Degree Leg Press
- Standing Dumbbell Curl
- Cable Curl or EZ Bar Curl
Notes: Kim generally does a light set, 2 heavy sets, then a burnout set.
Thursday: Back & Delts:
- Wide Grip Pull Up
- Seated Cable Row
- Bent Over Dumbbell Row or Lat Pull Down
- Military Press or Barbell Shrug
- Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Fly
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise
This is Kim's favorite workout.
Friday: Cardio and Calisthenics
Saturday: Off or makeup day
Sunday: Chest and Legs
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Pec Dec
- Sometimes Dumbbell Pullovers
- "For Legs I do whatever exercises I did not hit on Wednesday."
Nutrition And Supplementation
Give us a typical day in your diet (off season):
- 5:00 am - Malt-O-Meal or Irish Oats. Add dried blueberries and walnuts. All Bran Cereal sprinkled on top along w/ dried Yammit. Large Skim Latte.
- 7:00 am - Power Crunch Bar, 1/2 banana, Natural Peanut Butter
- 10:00 am - Egg Beater Wrap, Whole Wheat Tortilla, Salsa, Asparagus
- Noon - Sweet Potato, Fat Free Cottage Cheese, Buffalo Meat, Asparagus
- 2:00 pm - Activia Yogurt, 100% Whey Protein, Fresh Fruit (berries or peach)
- 4:00 pm - Xtreme Bar
- 7:00 pm - Buffalo Meat or Salmon (occasionally Chicken), Sweet Potato, Asparagus
- 9:00 pm - Cucumber slices, Natural Peanut Butter
What supplements do you use that give you great results?
- BSN Cell Mass
- BSN Nitrix
- Xtreme bars (with Creatine)
- Arachodonic Acid (X-Factor)
- SlimQuick Extreme (when cutting for show)
Advice For Others
What is the best tip you'd give to women thinking about competing in bodybuilding?
"Be TRUE to YOURSELF... Stick to your morals even if it means it takes you 10x longer to get where you want to be!"
What would you like to achieve in your bodybuilding career?
Favorite Competitors And Idols
Rachel McLish, Sharon Bruneau, Cory Everson.
How Can People Contact You?
How can people contact you?