MEMBER LOGIN

BMAN

Default Ebay Supplements: Muscle - Pex

Hey guys i dont know if you've tried buying supplements on Ebay, but if you have ... has anyone heard of Muscle Pex ... there claim on ebay is that they take muscle tech supplements and create product that is identical - ingredient wise - they say that it costs muscle tech about 5percent of their sale price to make a product, i agree with that but is it too good to be true that there selling thes products so cheap... i was about to buy these supplements, than it hit me that i should chillout and find out more info ...

They have a compound similiar to -
    Leukic
    Gakic
    Creatine
    Anator
    Nitric Oxide
    Cellmass

Anyways lemme knw if you guys have heard of this company ...

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Do they have a listing of exactly what's in each one? If they do, go to the Muscletech website and compare it. If they're selling it on eBay they should have pictures of the container and hopefully the ingredients list.

Have u got a link to the page thats selling it?
    Muscle & Strength Store: Over 6,500 Products Now Available!
    $5.99 max shipping (free $99+). New deals posted daily!

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Training & Nutrition:
    Goal: Drop 5lbs of fat
    Calories: 2,700 per day spread over 6 meals
    Training: 4 day split/SS cardio post workout

Supplements:
    Protein: Muscle & Strength IsoFUEL
    Intra-Workout: Hydramino
    Creatine: Dymatize Mono
    Muilti: Opti-Men
    EFAs: Labrada EFA Lean Gold

BMAN

Yea damien, i got the link bud ... check it out ... http://cgi.ebay.ca/MUSCLETECH-HYDROX...QQcmdZViewItem

I dont know if this link will work but its all the supplementst there selling on ebay ... the only ones i could find ingredients for were the leukic replica and their hydroxycut one ... ill keep looking heres the other link .... if you end up a product page ... look on the top right side ... and click the "View Selllers Other Items" Link

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZprem...lementsQQhtZ-1

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by BMAN
    Hey guys i dont know if you've tried buying supplements on Ebay, but if you have ... has anyone heard of Muscle Pex ... there claim on ebay is that they take muscle tech supplements and create product that is identical - ingredient wise - they say that it costs muscle tech about 5percent of their sale price to make a product, i agree with that but is it too good to be true that there selling thes products so cheap... i was about to buy these supplements, than it hit me that i should chillout and find out more info ...

Leukic
    Gakic
    Creatine
    Anator
    Nitric Oxide
    Cellmass

I would be wary of any supplement that is doing copies of a muscletech supplements or any other supplement company. remember that with an American supplement you can guarantee that what they say is in the tub, is in it, and the purity will be spot on. Muscletech spend millions on university studies before they bring a supplement out, so you can be sure that it works. it is like anything you can get cheap versions, take protein for example...The thing is you will have to try them and see how it works, pesonally I wouldnt bother...
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - Gemini Fitness Centre

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Other
    • Photos

BMAN,

I read the post on eBay - my advice is similar to Doug's - Too good to be true usually is.

They do no comparison of ingredients, there are typos in their write up.
    They are not specific about dosage and there is no way they could own all the ingredients, put them in a container and then label it for only a few bucks.

Bogus in my mind.
    Just my 2 cents brother.
    Failure to Plan is Planning to Fail
    What's your plan?
    Yes, I am a Moderator

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Echo echo what was just said.

I would leave it. This is a very unprofessional looking operation and there could really be anything in that tub! Check out the cheap supplements page for links to cheap supps from known brands.

I'm not sure if it's the name in Canada, but supps are pretty cheap in the US compared to the UK and Aus. We have to pay up to double for protein and creatine and that's taking into account the exchange rate!
    Muscle & Strength Store: Over 6,500 Products Now Available!
    $5.99 max shipping (free $99+). New deals posted daily!

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Training & Nutrition:
    Goal: Drop 5lbs of fat
    Calories: 2,700 per day spread over 6 meals
    Training: 4 day split/SS cardio post workout

Supplements:
    Protein: Muscle & Strength IsoFUEL
    Intra-Workout: Hydramino
    Creatine: Dymatize Mono
    Muilti: Opti-Men
    EFAs: Labrada EFA Lean Gold

BMAN

yea and also I emailed them, saying i wanted some sort of the proof that this was a real company and stuff ... and there products were legit. i never got an email .... also searched my ass off trying to find the company ... even searched the area where ebay says the items are located... I wasnt able to find the company, or any information about it -

Definately glad i didnt buy that crap ... So for anyone else using Ebay ... watchout - this company doesnt even seem to exist ...

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by BMAN

Leukic
    Gakic
    Creatine
    Anator
    Nitric Oxide
    Cellmass

Surely if they're making an identical product, it must be a patent infringement. No wonder they don't want to be traceable. I don't know about other countries, but here it would be illegal.
    A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

BMAN

well i got an email reply back - i wrote an email adressing my concerns about the legitimacy of the products this is what they had to say ... any thoughts?

Hi there, if you purchase any 3 products £4.99 or below we can offer you a product of your choice upto the value of £4.99 ($10) with free postage. Because the prices are low and products need to be shipped internationally we can't reduce these prices (but I think you'll agree less than $20 for each of these items with a buy 3 get 4th free is a very good offer).

All products are ISO9001 Quality Standard and HPLC tested for quality, so you know your getting a genuine high quality product. Musclepex can not have a website because Muscletech would launch a legal case against them. It is a very popular underground product though. I saw your concern over the products being genuine - try 1 product and I'll guarantee you'll come back time and again once you witness the results like many customers have. I'd invite you round to my gym to train and have some free samples, but we are in England which would be a long journey.

Thanks and Happy Xmas

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I wouldn't touch the stuff.....

If they're making it themselves, they probably use inferior ingredients - cheap vegetable proteins which are not similar to or easily absorbed by the human body etc.

Once you start going for the other stuff, it could even be dangerous if they prepare the chemicals the wrong way.

HPLC is a method of testing, but says nothing unless they give the HPLC results.

ISO 9001 is a management standard which applies to all organizations, irrespective of what they do. It says nothing about the products. Also, it is the only ISO certification for which a third-party auditor may grant the certification rather than being administered by the accreditation and certification body. (It is often given as a matter of routine by an auditor.)

Musclepex can not have a website because Muscletech would launch a legal case against them.
    ...in their own words!
    Last edited by Saurus; 12-20-2006 at 01:31 AM.

BMAN

yo man, i gotta hand it to you buddy - you know your **** man - im giving you a rep point for that post ... but i think this settles it lol ... muscle-pex is officially ****....

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Default Complete load of garbage

This guys products look like a total load of crap.
    All his claims are garbage in my opinion. Some of his label claims are totaly spurious. For instance, he claims to be able to replicate products with such advanced chemicals that their is no way on earth he could obtain them, especially so cheaply.
    For example, Glycine L Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (GAKIC) can be bought in the UK in bulk from various powder commodity companies, or direct from China, but unless you buy in bulk (1000kg) the price is around 50 a kilo. even in bulk it is about 30 kilo. However, many of the chemicals he claims to use are almost impossible to obtain due to international patents and rights ownership of the special ways in which they are made.
    Further more, their is no way his company is ISO9001 approved. To attain such accreditation requires years of prep, and several investigations in order to be approved. The procedure scrutinizes every aspect of a companies operation and setup. His "company" is not even an actual ltd company. Also, if the company was approved, it would be registered, both with Companies House, and the ISO. Musclepex nor any of his fake brand names are registered. Musclepex can't have a website because they would be sued is bull****. He can't have a website because he doesn't have the technical know how to create one, nor does he have the cash.
    Lets assume for a minute that he is genuine and these companies are real "musclepex, LA Extreme Muscle etc..", why would a company that had to spend tens of thousands of pounds, or more, on building an ISO9001 approved facility, plus what would most likely be at least 250,000 on raw ingredients in order to obtain the chemicals he claims to have, not spend any money on having labels professionally printed, or on having a website developed, or the 15 required to register a company with companies house. Or have any of his products put into tablets or capsules? How come they don't exist anywhere outside of this guys ebay account?
    This is clearly nothing more then some guy creating products on his kitchen table and printing labels on his home computer. In my opinion, he sees what is hot selling right now, and creates a label to replicate it. Then he puts some generic powder in a tub and peddles it as the real deal.
    I'd stay well clear. He is clearly just full of **** and peddling crap to people who are unfortunately being ripped off. His feedback may be good, but look at what most of it states "good delivery, good price" etc... Most feedback on ebay is left about delivery times and nothing else.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Nice post, Gary.

-
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Yeah, welcome to the forum lol

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Gary comes out swinging!

Thanks for the warning man. I'll stay away.
    "The truth may only be revealed to those who truly seek it. Otherwise, it is lost in the lies."