Thread: Creatine

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

Default Creatine

Im looking to get extremely toned in 3 weeks, and build up a little bit of weight. I bought Celltech Hardcore Creatine today and am planning on taking it. What will the results be? Is it oKay to start creatine at 16 with not much weight experience prior? I will be doing cardio 5 days a week (at least 3 miles per day) and work out about 3 days per week. Also, should I take protein supplement even while I am on creatine ( I mean after the workout of course)?

M&S Power User
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

You could do this...

Creatine - To Workout- To Protein Supplement.

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by jlowe10 View Post
    Im looking to get extremely toned in 3 weeks, and build up a little bit of weight. I bought Celltech Hardcore Creatine today and am planning on taking it. What will the results be? Is it oKay to start creatine at 16 with not much weight experience prior? I will be doing cardio 5 days a week (at least 3 miles per day) and work out about 3 days per week. Also, should I take protein supplement even while I am on creatine ( I mean after the workout of course)?
    what is your diet like?
    Creatine will make you retain water weight its not really for cutting.
    with proper diet/workout & protein the most you can lose in 3 weeks without losing muscle mass would be at the most 6lbs. of body fat.
    Last edited by Kevin; 04-27-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    Kevin

Life is basically pretty simple. People just make it complicated.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

you said you want to get cut and gain alittle weight. you arent going to do both at the same time.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

yea like kevin said creatine is mainly for when u want to bulk or get stronger because i think all it does it help your muscles not get fatigued as fast by reducing lactic acid buildup. if it were me (im 16 too) i would just stick to protein to make sure i wouldnt lose muscle and have a good diet and workout plan
    Currently: 17y.o. 5'11" 156.9 lbs and dropping
    Calvin (while posing in the mirror): "Made in God's own image, yes sir!"
    Hobbes: "God must have a good sense of humor."

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Photos

6LBS is kinda pushing it. 3LBS is what would be realistic in 3 weeks.
    Semper Fi

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by PILL View Post
    6LBS is kinda pushing it. 3LBS is what would be realistic in 3 weeks.
    LOL I said at the most 6lbs ok
    Kevin

Life is basically pretty simple. People just make it complicated.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

you cant get toned and get big at the same time...
    one or the other

i heard that creatine wasnt good for cardio or endurance events is that true?
    "The worst thing I could be is just like everyone else."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Age- 16/Ht-5'10/Wt- 205lbs/Bf- 10.4%/Bench-385lbs/Squat-405lbs :]
    Work hard,Sacrifice everything, Keep looking up

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by JrHighHercules212 View Post
    you cant get toned and get big at the same time...
    one or the other

i heard that creatine wasnt good for cardio or endurance events is that true?
    Well I've never taken creatine but I would assume that because your body requires so much more water when on creatine, it becomes more vunerable to dehydration. Doing cardio and endurance events where you sweat a lot would make you lose water and possibly make you more at risk for injury. Again though, that's just my assumption. Maybe someone with some knowledge of creatine can correct me?

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

does creatine make your muscles look bigger since they get fill with water or can you really not tell?

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

they fill yours muscles with water
    and yeah you can see some big increases
    karn.mann

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Creatine does make the body retain water, and mainly what occurs from this is the muscles look slightly more "bloated" than they do while off of creatine. Creatine acts as a buffer to the making of ATP (fuel source for type II muscle fibers) where it helps promote ATP synthesis inside of the muscle. What this does is allows the person to get maybe a few more reps out of each exercise or go up in weight during a lift.
    Old Weight: 250 lbs (a lot muscle but a lot of fat too--football training)
    Lowest Weight (diet weight): 161 lbs
    Current Weight: 185 lbs
    Goal Weight: ~200 lbs
    Current BF%: ~10.5%

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Thumbs up

i used cell tech hardcore!!great product man!!i gained 4kg in a month but lost 1kg after i stoped it.strength gains were good..i gained 2cm on my arms!!i was 14 at the time and it did no damage to me!!drink lots of water and you will be fine!!

good luck
    Weight:160lbs Bodyfat%:5.5% Length:5.7Feet Max Bench:242.5lbs

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

okay heres the real question......... if you get on creatine, then stop, are you going to be worse off than before? ive heard that the answer is yes, but im not sure. i think its better to lift with just protein because if you cant lift the weight without taking some sort of enhancement then its no good to me. i want to be able to use my strength to work, i live on a ranch and im 16.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Default nah

i wouldnt bother, if you havent had much experience creatine aint for you, it is best taken once you start hitting obstacles and need the semi-unnatural boost.

there can be all sorts of complications, pain and apparently organ damage with creatine, particularly if it is not used propperly, and with most creatines your body will flush it strait out once your digestive system gets used to it.

i take both, morning, afternoon and night, but i rarely stick to the routine, i tend to have a full dose when i wake up and have top ups when i have a chance for an intense work out.
    since doing this, i've noticed a small increase in size gains, and a far more evenly spread musculature, quicker recovery, but mostly just far more density in muscles.
    strangely my blood doesnt turn brown when dried for ages longer than it used to take.
    i also noticed an increase in motivation and stamina, but that could be down to not wanting to throw my money down the drain. lol

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

[QUOTE=AndusTMighty;118612]i wouldnt bother, if you havent had much experience creatine aint for you, it is best taken once you start hitting obstacles and need the semi-unnatural boost.

Key word here fellas, "semi-unnatural"!

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by AndusTMighty View Post
    i wouldnt bother, if you havent had much experience creatine aint for you, it is best taken once you start hitting obstacles and need the semi-unnatural boost.

there can be all sorts of complications, pain and apparently organ damage with creatine, particularly if it is not used propperly, and with most creatines your body will flush it strait out once your digestive system gets used to it.

i take both, morning, afternoon and night, but i rarely stick to the routine, i tend to have a full dose when i wake up and have top ups when i have a chance for an intense work out.
    since doing this, i've noticed a small increase in size gains, and a far more evenly spread musculature, quicker recovery, but mostly just far more density in muscles.
    strangely my blood doesnt turn brown when dried for ages longer than it used to take.
    i also noticed an increase in motivation and stamina, but that could be down to not wanting to throw my money down the drain. lol
    There is nothing at all unnatural about creatine. It is actually completely natural occuring . It is naturally created in your body and is found in red meat, fish, and I also believe it is found in chicken. It basically is converted into ATP in your muscles, which in short is your muscles energy source. By supplementing with creatine your body has more of the fuel that in needs to create ATP therefore your muscles are able to work a little bit harder.
    It is not however a magic powder. and unless your diet, rest, and training are correct it really won't help much at all. If you are running into "obstacles" before running out and buying supps. your best bet is to re-evaluate those three things.
    There have been many many studies done on creatine and it has been proven to be completly safe. The only possible side effects is maybe some stomach cramping in some people( IMO this happens only with lower grade creatine, but i can't prove it) and possible dehydration, but if you are lifting weights you should already be focusing on staying hydrated so that isn't a problem at all.
    You don't need to be taking creatine morning day and night. That is a waste. Some people argue you should do a loading phase where you will take that many doses, but that should be no more than 5 days. Others, including myself just skip the loading phase and take one 5g dose a day after working out or in the morning on off days.. And if you are not consistent in taking creatine it is a waste!!
    Hope this helps you guys out!
    Last edited by BigJosh; 11-13-2008 at 01:13 AM.
    "One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
    -Jim Wendler

Banned
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Not entirely true. 14-16 year olds have no business taking creatine because their kidneys haven't developed fully yet. Creatine turns to creatinine in the muscles and is filtered out through the kidneys. Elevated creatinine levels are actually what are looked for with kidney failure, so it's critical for the kidneys to get creatinine out of the system. Your kidneys can not develop the way the should if they are over-taxed having to work harder than they should getting excess creatinine out of the blood. It is actually so unsafe for younger lifters that you are not allowed to buy or sell it to minors. For the 14 year old who said there were no side effects- you have no clue what the long term damage may have been. You might very well be fine or you might be on dialysis when you're 40. -EK

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by EKnight View Post
    Not entirely true. 14-16 year olds have no business taking creatine because their kidneys haven't developed fully yet. Creatine turns to creatinine in the muscles and is filtered out through the kidneys. Elevated creatinine levels are actually what are looked for with kidney failure, so it's critical for the kidneys to get creatinine out of the system. Your kidneys can not develop the way the should if they are over-taxed having to work harder than they should getting excess creatinine out of the blood. It is actually so unsafe for younger lifters that you are not allowed to buy or sell it to minors. For the 14 year old who said there were no side effects- you have no clue what the long term damage may have been. You might very well be fine or you might be on dialysis when you're 40. -EK
    Rep+

I really wish people would listen to this valuable advice, I see the results of kidney failure everyday, dialysis is only one area, in addition to kidney replacement, which although it sounds easy, it means someone has to die before you can get the replacement, and then the body can reject it.

Playing Russian Roulette with this substance makes no sense to me...ask yourselves, 'Do you really need it that early on in life?', simple answer 'No'...weight train, pure and simple, keep to pure foodstuffs where you can...by all means use it when you get older, if you really feel the need, but even then I don't know whether it really is a necessity...EK, any thoughts on this last point, since I have no knowledge of the 'good' that large amounts of creatine can do (if any).
    1-Finger Deadlift, 1RM: 80.3lbs/36.5kg

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Good point. The fact that they are so young didn't even cross my mind.
    "One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
    -Jim Wendler

Banned
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
    Rep+

I really wish people would listen to this valuable advice, I see the results of kidney failure everyday, dialysis is only one area, in addition to kidney replacement, which although it sounds easy, it means someone has to die before you can get the replacement, and then the body can reject it.

Playing Russian Roulette with this substance makes no sense to me...ask yourselves, 'Do you really need it that early on in life?', simple answer 'No'...weight train, pure and simple, keep to pure foodstuffs where you can...by all means use it when you get older, if you really feel the need, but even then I don't know whether it really is a necessity...EK, any thoughts on this last point, since I have no knowledge of the 'good' that large amounts of creatine can do (if any).
    You know, everybody has an opinion, and although mine is the minority one, I have to be honest. I noticed NO signifant difference in strength or endurance whether I was taking creatine or not. I completely understand the science behind its usage, but it simply didn't do anything for me, except make me hold a ton of water in places I didn't want it. I'd stop taking creatine a month before a contest because if I didn't I'd never make weight, and I never noticed strength loss associated with it. Everybody reacts differently to supps, and I know some people don't react favorably to creatine, so I guess I'm one of those people, but either way, I don't know anyone who suddenly increased strength by 30% or added an inordinant amount of size when they took it. Good diet and hard training are still the most important things. This is just a theory, but I think beginners who take it often find great or inflated results due to placebo effect or general increases in caloric intake. -EK

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

You know, everybody has an opinion, and although mine is the minority one, I have to be honest. I noticed NO signifant difference in strength or endurance whether I was taking creatine or not. I completely understand the science behind its usage, but it simply didn't do anything for me, except make me hold a ton of water in places I didn't want it. I'd stop taking creatine a month before a contest because if I didn't I'd never make weight, and I never noticed strength loss associated with it. Everybody reacts differently to supps, and I know some people don't react favorably to creatine, so I guess I'm one of those people, but either way, I don't know anyone who suddenly increased strength by 30% or added an inordinant amount of size when they took it. Good diet and hard training are still the most important things. This is just a theory, but I think beginners who take it often find great or inflated results due to placebo effect or general increases in caloric intake. -EK
    Eknight, I'm not so sure that your opinon is the minority here.... I pretty much have had the same experience with creatine. I understand the basic principles behind it. And I do believe it has some minor benefits. but as far as any noticable strength, endurance, or muscle gains, i really haven't experienced a significant increase as a result of creatine usage.
    IMO the facts about creatine have been well published and are pretty cut and dry. However I think a lot of people who use creatine and think they know what it does, translates the facts incorrectly and, unintentionally, exaggerates both what the facts are saying and the results they think they are getting from the creatine. That is only my opinion.
    With good diet, rest, and correct training you will see gains, and yeah taking creatine along with those 3 things may or may not help, but the bottom line is you if the diet, rest and training is not right you can take creatine all day long, but you simply will not progress.
    Me personally, yeah I have some creatine monohydrate at home,yeah I take it a couple months out of the year. But in all honesty, I see the same progression on or off creatine.
    Just my 2 cents, sorry for the novel.....
    -Jim Wendler

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Ive done my commitment..ONLY food until 16-17..If u sort out ur diet,,,Ull see incredible gains,,because of adolescence...
    cheers
    "Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas."

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
    Rep+

At what age do you think is youngest you should have a light dabble?

Also I believe it's different for everyone... but your opinion..

Banned
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by ardsam View Post
    At what age do you think is youngest you should have a light dabble?

Also I believe it's different for everyone... but your opinion..
    18 is a pretty safe bet, as your kidneys will mostly like be done developing. While you're correct, most things are different for each person, organ development is usually pretty much the same. Why chance it?? -EK