Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    M&S Senior Member DownToBusiness's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Default DownToBusiness With AnaBeta Elite

Okay PES really hooked me up with this one so I'm gonna give it 100%. I have a 30-day supply of AnaBeta Elite and I'm ready to see what it can do under optimal conditions (which I'll have for at least the next month).

http://pescience.com/media/catalog/p...300dpi__1_.png

Dosing will be as prescribed:
    2 pills preworkout, 2 with post-meal on lifting days
    4 pills evenly spaced with meals on non-lifting days

The active ingredients are:
    Blend: 1625.00 mg per 2 capsules
    Anacyclus pyrethrum D.C. (root) Extract
    95% Forskolin (Standardized from Coleus forskohlii)
    5-Androsten-3B7B-diol-17-one

Current Stats:
    Height - 6'0"
    Weight - 160 lbs
    Bench - 235 lbs
    Squat - 355 lbs

I'm currently running a 3-day split with swimming and foam rolling/stretching on off-days. My goal is a recoup, but erring on the side of bulk just to be safe. I'm hoping AnaBeta Elite will help keep healthy weight gain on track, but more importantly gains in strength.

Here's what I'm working with as a baseline:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2224.jpg 
Views:	1010 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	7742  
    Last edited by DownToBusiness; 04-20-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Formatting
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

First day with AnaBeta Elite:

Swimming with core in between sets.

Kind of a weird day to start dosing, but I figure this way It'll really start kicking in by my first lifting day of the week. I did get a distance PR today, but I'm new to swimming so those aren't exactly few and far between.

Definitely some stomach-bubbling, but I swim first thing in the morning so there's no food to calm AnaBeta down so I'll call that self-inflicted. Felt much better with the post-meal/dosage, ate to explosion but it subsided unusually quickly. I'm hoping that means my body was putting all that protein/carbs away where they belong (i.e. not belly fat) in a hurry.

Let's see what the mirror says tomorrow.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

Damn son, looking shredded already! Definitely gonna keep an eye on this log.
    Check out my article page!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/authors/nick-ludlow

"Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates
    https://www.facebook.com/nickludlow91

Follow my lifting log!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/76483-LD-s-Journey-to-Beastdom

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Third day:

Swimming with core

Yesterday was a stretch/foam rolling day so not much worth reporting there, I kept with the normal non-training day dosing though. Today I used the training-day dosing just to include what effects AE has on cardio when given a fair shot. Definitely didn't walk in with any mind-blowing aggression (went easy on the pre-wo), but crushed the workout regardless, like stayed level-headed and powered through all my sets. Those two things don't usually coincide, so happily surprised there.

Swimming usually gives me mad pumps, but nothing wild today. Very aware of muscle fatigue in chest/shoulders at the time, but I feel great now. Hopefully that means my body's recovery processes are running full-steam.

Definitely eating to keep up with progress, the sick-full feeling subsided pretty quickly after post-meal but I didn't turn ravenous like often happens. Another possible benefit, improving body's ability to make use of food without being "tricked" into thinking it needs more like glycobol/AP sort of did to me.

Time to see how AE does with a hard week of lifting.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Fourth Day:

Legs

Another weird day mentally, but this time it was def in a positive way. Wasn't red-hot or jumpy, just focused and really powered through sets, really easy to find the motivation to push for more weight. Also wasn't clamoring for rest time either, maybe even sold myself short a few time because I just wanted to jump back in the rack.

I withheld this one because I wanted to be a little more confident in it, but wildly lucid dreams three nights in a row, even when the overall sleep wasn't that great. Just coincidental and consistent enough that I want to attribute it to AE, very cool side effect.

Serious muscle fatigue from yesterday, I guess that means activation/output was higher. Also, major hunger when I got out of the gym so maybe anabolic processes are just up overall. Very promising results from AE so far, hoping to bank song long-term benefits.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by DownToBusiness View Post
    Fourth Day:I withheld this one because I wanted to be a little more confident in it, but wildly lucid dreams three nights in a row, even when the overall sleep wasn't that great. Just coincidental and consistent enough that I want to attribute it to AE, very cool side effect.
    I actually had a lucid dream last night, didn't attribute it to AE at all but thats interesting that you have had 3.
    Purus Labs Representative
    www.thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
    https://www.facebook.com/puruslabs

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Fifth Day:

Push day in the gym

Generous with the pre-wo and was rewarded, mega day for bench/chest, like to the point of feeling like something was tearing (in a good way). Couldn't quite connect with tri's though. Nothing worth noting as far as pump or vascularity, wondering if those are secondary effects or just take a while to kick in.

Libido is definitely about as down as it can be, but performance is through the roof. Hookup last night was exceptional, even impressed myself. I'm not sure AE's strengths lay where advertised, but it definitely has some cool benefits. Still keeping an open mind and seeing how things progress.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

So you're saying that your libido has decreased since taking anabeta elite?
    Check out my article page!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/authors/nick-ludlow

"Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates
    https://www.facebook.com/nickludlow91

Follow my lifting log!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/76483-LD-s-Journey-to-Beastdom

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

^ Hard to say it decreased, but certainly no increase or strong libido to speak of.

Sixth Day:

Pull day in the gym

AE is performing nicely under the demands of heavy lifting days. Chest is rapidly recovering from getting "torn up" yesterday, abs aren't crunchy and sore to the point of being inconvenient like sometimes happens. Nothing wild as far as strength goes, but my capacity for volume is up and dependence on rest time is down. If that's all AE does in the gym, I'll be happy, but let's see if anything else shows up.

Finally getting some hint of vascularity changes, but it's all periphery-veins. Main veins are more or less the same, but shoulders are getting that spiderweb-look. Not a bad thing, just unexpected.

Hunger is still under control, but blood sugar is requiring a little more attention, answering the call with more fruit between meals. Not sure it applies, but just thought I'd note no effects/side-effects on mood, no improvements but no troubling increase in aggression either. Overall, no complaints to temper the good things I'm seeing from AE.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Eighth Day:

Swimming/Core

These jitterless, focused workouts are different, but I'm getting to like them. AE feels like a change for the better, but more importantly, a sustainable one. I still think AE's strengths lie in longevity rather than explosive power, but very, very pleased overall.

I wanted to hold off on commenting on this until I felt I'd passed the "jumping to conclusions" time frame, but for all the products I've tried that "promote lean muscle gains", AE has really delivered. Not a pump, not some unsustained spike, but genuine increase in lean mass. Resting body temp is up too, so I've got extra reason to believe its really cranking anabolism up. I've been playing with some other strategies too, casein before cardio and such, but nothing that could take all the credit away from AE.

Just some secondary updates: Libido isn't wild, but I'm no longer worried it was decreasing. Sleep is deep but not inconveniently so, stumbling in trips to the bathroom or anything. Energy/mood aren't notably different, which I'll take as a positive since I didn't have any problems before. I know this might not be the kind of thing PES is interested in having commented on, but complexion has cleared way up. Again not what I was going for, but I'll take it haha
    Last edited by DownToBusiness; 04-27-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Twelfth Day:

Legs

Swimming nd stretching over the weekend so not much to report there. I think these lean gains are killing my cardio, bigger muscles burn more oxygen and whatever, because I wasn't tired swimming or lifting today, but boy I was sucking wind. Putting up good numbers though, volume and strength now. I'm not sure AE does the whole "skin-splitting pumps" thing, but it sure seems to help maintain a nice, sustained pump. Genuinely impressed with the lean gains in just 2 weeks of AE, very optimistic about results at the end of the cycle.

Secondary Effects: Libido is unchanged; Hunger is still noticeably up, especially for carbs, but manageable; Mood/energy is stable and sustained; Dreams are still noticeably more lucid on average,unexpected but I'll take it haha
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Thirteenth Day:

Push Day in the Gym:

Half-way through the cycle and still enjoying the effects of AE. Nothing out of the ordinary in the gym today, still doing my best work with a 8-12 rep range. Recovery speed is almost definitely up, I didn't walk into the gym with one sore area or muscle group... Walking out was a different story.

Recomp effects are decent, not making any special effort to cut but seeing increased definition. Still nothing as far as libido/mood/energy so I think AE's effects are predominantly gym/performance related, which is good because that's what I was hoping to get out of it. Sleep is still impressively deep, but I'm just happy there are no negative side effects to speak of.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Fourteenth Day:

Pull Day in the gym

So the initial shock of AE's effects has worn off, but that's not to say I'm not still feeling them. I'm becoming convinced that whatever effect it has on hormones is making my workouts less aggression-oriented because I've now had two straight weeks of cool, calm, collected lifts. That might be a good thing though because it would mean AE is regulating hormones, not calling on them all at once and leaving me with a time of day where I'm at a low point, so I'll take it. Rep ranges are still increasing and seeing some muscle mass increase in abs, which is always good.

Secondary's: I'm surprised that after two weeks, appetite never really kicked in, but that might be for the best. Sleep is a little more broken up, but still pretty rejuvenating so I'll let it slide. Skin is uncharacteristically broken out, not sure what that means as far as hormone effects but it better correct itself haha
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Sixteenth Day:

Conditioning and Alternative day in the gym

Been following the normal off-day dosage throughout the day, stacked on training days. Hunger seems sustained and increased on off days, something about the steady dosage keeps my body burning through food all day as opposed to just starving post-WO. Still making solid gains in muscle mass, took a step backwards in leaning out though. Abs are completely crunchy from workouts so I know I'm hitting them, the pop just isn't there. Hopefully just a 2-3 day phase. Whatever effects I'm seeing in lean muscle gain definitely line up with cardio capacity, sucking wind like a Dyson. Big muscles burn more oxygen I hope haha

Skin's back to normal, mood and energy are fine, and slept straight through three alarms this morning after 9 hrs of sleep, so yeah, that's good too. I'm sad the initial shock of AE's effects has subsided, but like I said, it seems to be more of a lifestyle supp., and one that I could definitely get used to.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

So since starting, how much have your basic compounds gone up? (Bench/Squat/DL/Etc.)

If they have gone up, would you say they've gone up at a faster rate than before?

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Nineteenth Day:

Legs day in the gym

Felt like garbage this morning, I mean thisss close to just calling the workout off all together, but completely busted squats up this morning. It was like after that first set (out of 5) I just had a really easy time throwing a tough face on. Three weeks in and I still attribute that to AE, so I'd call it a consistent and legitimate effect. Strength and rep-range were both up, despite some trouble with my feet I've been having, stress-fractures and whatever. I actually felt a point in my workout where the stims in my pre-wo quit on me and I was able to push through, so again I think AE really saved the day on this one.

Secondaries: Recomp is back on track, I think I was just bloated because sodium intake had been way above average and I might've gotten a little silly with creatine. Skin is still kind of volatile, libido's prominent, not wildly increased but not decreasing, recovery time and management of DOMS is improved for sure.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

^ I hope that answers your question, my compounds always kind of fade in and out so I might not be the right person to ask, but both explosion, controlled-lift power, and rep range have improved steadily since starting the cycle. Not asking for much more since I can't always count on three consecutive weeks of improvement like that.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Day 20:

Push day in the gym

Crushed the weights today, like ran out of time before I had to go to class because I kept stopping halfway through a set to add weight or snag heavier dumbbells. That was my last push day with this cycle of AE and I am extremely satisfied with the progression I've seen over the last few weeks. Workouts are still aggression-free, I swear it's something to do with hormone/test regulation but I'll have to wait and see how other reviews, logs, and studies turn out to know for sure.

Secondaries: Dreams are still more absurd/lucid on average (even by my standards) and sleep is so freaking solid that it's borderline whether I even workout in the morning, I've been able to fight it off every time, but it's tough. I guess that's a good thing if you don't let it win, makes for really energized workouts and steady energy the rest of the day. Not much on hunger, skin is still kind of wacky compared to months prior but nothing that would make me stop taking AE. I've still gotta get used to the sped-up recovery, I get tempted to add something in like extra cardio or specialty lifts somewhere in the week and then I'm sore going into my main workouts, but that's operator-error, if anything another star on AE's report card.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Sounds like you're having a good run!
    PES Representative - PM me for any questions

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Day 21:

Pull day in the gym

Solid lifts all around, powerful and good mind-body connection going on. Getting curious to see what workouts off AE are gonna look like, "rage" will probably return but I'm worried I'm going to lose some of the long-term productivity I've been seeing. Really, really hoping DOMS doesn't make a big comeback. Like I said, it took some getting used to, but obviously I'll take recovering abnormally quickly over 24-7 soreness.

Secondaries: I think the skin thing is the one and only negative side-effect of AE I've experienced. It's so minor that it doesn't make me think twice about taking AE, but when I read logs before I buy a supp, I want loggers to be as objective and thorough as possible, so I'm trying to hold myself to that expectation as well. In all honesty though, all other respects are either neutral or positive. Waking up at 5:30 to lift has been a struggle, but the resulting productivity across the day vastly overshadows that.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

@ Kevin - You have no idea, can't tell you how grateful I am for the opportunity. I can't say that I ever would've found out what a cool product AE is if you and PES hadn't provided it (for free), not to mention all the great changes it's brought me over the last month.

Much appreciated.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by DownToBusiness View Post
    @ Kevin - You have no idea, can't tell you how grateful I am for the opportunity. I can't say that I ever would've found out what a cool product AE is if you and PES hadn't provided it (for free), not to mention all the great changes it's brought me over the last month.

Much appreciated.

Its no prob DTB, im glad to see you like the product.
    PES Representative - PM me for any questions

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Day 23:

Swimming and core

New pr for 1-set distance and pr in overall distance, so I'm psyched. Good, powerful strokes and good tempo, hopefully I didn't waste away any of my lean gains. AE definitely doesn't bring on any crazy vascularity, but I'm starting to think it increases pump in more of a cell-volumization way, just starting to look bigger during swimming sessions when I usually look string-beany. Parents were in town to help me move out so dad came and watched, he said my shoulders and lats were jumping compared to 6 weeks ago so I'm feeling better about claiming lean gains with AE.

Secondaries: Sleep is still awesome, skin's normal, and hunger is under control. Results on recomp effects are inconclusive, but that was the kind of thing that would've been nice, but it wasn't a make-or-break thing. I'm going to miss these wild-crazy dreams if they're really with and only with AE, they're the kind where you remember a scene and spend 10 minutes trying to remember if it really happened. Makes life interesting haha A few more days and I'll post up final results.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Day 25:

Legs in the gym

Monster day today, moving some big-boy weight with a no-nonsense mentality. Maybe stayed a little longer than I would've liked, but that's just because I kept squeezing out more reps or pausing to toss on weight. After a few weeks of keeping an eye on it, DOMS is consistently down, and when it does set in, it's abnormally delayed. Kind of weird because, again, I'm tempted to get back in the saddle maybe sooner than I should, but now that I'm aware of these effects of AE, I'm starting to really optimize usage.

Secondaries: Slept like a rock last night, woke up exactly how I last remember laying as I fell asleep. AE could almost get away with solely advertising sleep-aid benefits. Aside from main-muscle recovery, joint recovery feels better. Really stressed my rotator cuff swimming, which is usually the kind of thing I nurse for the rest of the week, but two days later and it's already back to 80-90%, which I'm content with. Still experiencing a higher resting-body temp than usual, which was cool back in NC, but now that I'm back home in Florida I've had to start cracking out the wife-beaters again just to keep from melting. No complaints though, I'll take sweating over shivering any day.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Day 26:

Push day in the gym

Moster lifts and work ethic today, now that I'm back home I can sleep longer and I don't have to lift RIGHT when I wake up so that's making a big difference. Wearing a hoody in the gym so no call on pumps but I poked downright deflated in the locker room after. Usually, that sounds bad, but that's just the valley that follows big pumps for me so it sort of meant good things. Deflated look leveled out after a few hours, now just swole-at-rest and happy at the end of the day.

Secondaries: I think I've kind of adjusted to some of the minor/initial effects of AE, the only remaining notable ones are deep, deep sleep and sustained but manageable hunger. still seeing the same lean-mass gains, good recovery speed, and vascular without the freaky blue-contrast look that some pump-supps result in.
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"