MEMBER LOGIN

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Question Bulking and cutting Cycle questions

Say two males ( both are the same ) both want to increase muscle mass on their body. Male one bulks for a year, then cuts down till 8% Bf. Then continues to bulk. Then male two bulks for winter, then cuts in the summer down to 8% then continues to bulk again. Would both males have the same strength/muscle mass? Or would the male that bulks for the longer prolonged period have a stronger body?

Edit: Also, Would the strength gain change if someone was to loose BF but continue the same calorie surplus?

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBroo View Post
    Say two males ( both are the same ) both want to increase muscle mass on their body. Male one bulks for a year, then cuts down till 8% Bf. Then continues to bulk. Then male two bulks for winter, then cuts in the summer down to 8% then continues to bulk again. Would both males have the same strength/muscle mass? Or would the male that bulks for the longer prolonged period have a stronger body?

Edit: Also, Would the strength gain change if someone was to loose BF but continue the same calorie surplus?
    No two people are the same, so there will likely be a difference by the end of that year/target time frame.

Everyone is different, no two people are the same.

Person A and person B will likely have differences in their body-type, metabolism, responsiveness to diet/training and many more factors/determinants.
    Consistency is the key

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Scrutiny View Post
    No two people are the same, so there will likely be a difference by the end of that year/target time frame.

Person A and person B will likely have differences in their body-type, metabolism, responsiveness to diet/training and many more factors/determinants.
    No, Theoretically speaking both of these people are the EXACT same. This is for me deciding to cut or bulk currently.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Or would the male that bulks for the longer prolonged period have a stronger body?
    Assuming that you both do the same routine & you are both identical in genetics (say he's your twin bro). The person who bulked the longest would be both stronger & bigger muscles. Even after he did a cut (assuming he did it properly), he would have more strength and muscle than the guy who cut twice. However, the difference would be so negligible that you wouldn't be able to tell who did what once they got down to 8% bf.

How are you losing BF if you're eating above maintenance calories?

If this magic could happen, you would gain strength and size so long as you worked out and stayed in a calorie surplus.
    Goal:

700kg (1,543lbs) total

Progress:

0%==========||==========100%

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by itsn8o View Post
    Assuming that you both do the same routine & you are both identical in genetics (say he's your twin bro). The person who bulked the longest would be both stronger & bigger muscles. Even after he did a cut (assuming he did it properly), he would have more strength and muscle than the guy who cut twice. However, the difference would be so negligible that you wouldn't be able to tell who did what once they got down to 8% bf.

How are you losing BF if you're eating above maintenance calories?

If this magic could happen, you would gain strength and size so long as you worked out and stayed in a calorie surplus.
    Alright, thanks for the information! As I was wondering if I should cut for the summer, then bulk afterwards or if I should just bulk then entire summer and just cut next summer. I figure I mine as well cut for the summer, if it makes little to no difference. Also I meant in the last question will a person who had been bulking at 16.5% BF have the same strength gains as someone with 10% bulking? (Same Surplus) Thanks!

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBroo View Post
    Alright, thanks for the information! As I was wondering if I should cut for the summer, then bulk afterwards or if I should just bulk then entire summer and just cut next summer. I figure I mine as well cut for the summer, if it makes little to no difference. Also I meant in the last question will a person who had been bulking at 16.5% BF have the same strength gains as someone with 10% bulking? (Same Surplus) Thanks!
    It's personal preference more than anything.

Some people do prefer to cut for the summer-time and bulk during the winter months, but at the end of the day it's largely dependant on what your goals are - there is no right or wrong answer

Someone could be at 18-20% bodyfat and could be much stronger than someone at 10% bodyfat.

Hope that helps.
    Consistency is the key

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

It's personal preference more than anything.

Some people do prefer to cut for the summer-time and bulk during the winter months, but at the end of the day it's largely dependant on what your goals are - there is no right or wrong answer

Someone could be at 18-20% bodyfat and could be much stronger than someone at 10% bodyfat.

Hope that helps.
    Perfect, so would it be a good time to cut right now then? Then bulk september +? Lastly, I ment if two people one at 20% BF and one at 10% BF, would they have the same rate of strength gain?

M&S Power User
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Two people are always the same. It's always this way. When two or three people come together in the gym these types of ideas spread like wildfire. Thanks to Spar. you got what you needed
    MUSCLE GAUGE NUTRITION - Brand Rep

"Your Home for Affordable, High Quality, Nutritional Supplements"