Thread: Time to switch?

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

Default Time to switch?

Have been using Cellucor's C4 for some time now. The container comes with 60 servings and its almost empty. I would like to cut out the creatine for a while, only because i have read that I shouldnt take it for more than 8 weeks. I like C4 because of the tingle and energy I get in the gym after a long day where I would otherwise be lathargic as hell and yawning in between sets. Thought of maybe snaging some post work out recovery supp instead (no idea which one) and just chugging some coffee before I hit the gym for a caffine buzz. Any other Suggestions?

Currently on Layne Norton's PHAT programm, Im also planning on doing carb cycling for 6 weeks for a super clean bulk.

6'6 210lbs

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Lanks87 View Post
    Have been using Cellucor's C4 for some time now. The container comes with 60 servings and its almost empty. I would like to cut out the creatine for a while, only because i have read that I shouldnt take it for more than 8 weeks. I like C4 because of the tingle and energy I get in the gym after a long day where I would otherwise be lathargic as hell and yawning in between sets. Thought of maybe snaging some post work out recovery supp instead (no idea which one) and just chugging some coffee before I hit the gym for a caffine buzz. Any other Suggestions?

Currently on Layne Norton's PHAT programm, Im also planning on doing carb cycling for 6 weeks for a super clean bulk.

6'6 210lbs
    If you are taking a maintenance dose of creatine ( 5g or so daily ) you can keep taking it. There is no real reason to cycle off it, it's not a stimulant or anything so you can keep it in.

You can have coffee pre workout if you want, a lot of people on this forum do and find it just the perfect thing for a 'pick up and go' for training.

As for post workout recovery supplements, a lot of them are over-rated ( I'm talking about supplements which feature protein and carbs mixed in a blend ).

If you are looking for a legitimate recovery supplement definitely check out a BCAA product. Scivation Xtend is one of the best on the market, featuring not only BCAA's but also glutamine, citrulline malate, electrolytes and vitamin B6.
    Consistency is the key

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

You guys sound like pros. You know so much about supplementation. I wonder how long it took you to learn this much?

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

OP-

There is no reason to cycle the creatine. If you would like to keep taking it just buy some bulk Creapure or other designer creatine (MCC or Orotine).

As far as the preworkout goes you can try a non-stim option like Hemavol, Ultima, or Body Octane. Or if you want to stay with the stim route you can check out: Maximize Intense, White Flood, or Nanostim
    iForce Nutrition Representative

FB: facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

Thanks. I actually picked up 30 servings of Xtend. I have heard good things. Today was day two using it, but I havent noticed being any less sore. Maybe its Layne's PHAT program kicking my ass! Lovin it tho!

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Lanks87 View Post
    Thanks. I actually picked up 30 servings of Xtend. I have heard good things. Today was day two using it, but I havent noticed being any less sore. Maybe its Layne's PHAT program kicking my ass! Lovin it tho!
    Xtend is an awesome supplement

Good luck with the PHAT program too
    Consistency is the key

M&S Power User
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Scrutiny View Post
    If you are taking a maintenance dose of creatine ( 5g or so daily ) you can keep taking it. There is no real reason to cycle off it, it's not a stimulant or anything so you can keep it in.

You can have coffee pre workout if you want, a lot of people on this forum do and find it just the perfect thing for a 'pick up and go' for training.

As for post workout recovery supplements, a lot of them are over-rated ( I'm talking about supplements which feature protein and carbs mixed in a blend ).

If you are looking for a legitimate recovery supplement definitely check out a BCAA product. Scivation Xtend is one of the best on the market, featuring not only BCAA's but also glutamine, citrulline malate, electrolytes and vitamin B6.
    I love a large cup of black coffee before I workout and a lot of guys on here can help prove that it's a great start. Try it black first(I use a large cup of ice and pour the coffee directly onto it and chug it) Perfect wake-me-up and great for a pump
    MUSCLE GAUGE NUTRITION - Brand Rep

"Your Home for Affordable, High Quality, Nutritional Supplements"