Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Default Creatine question

Hi, a few questions regarding creatine

I'm 20 been lifting ~5 years but am diabetic so don't normally take creatine, but taking it for one or a maximum two 6-8 week cycles per year would definitely fine. I took the recommended 5g daily dosage of amplified creatine last year for one 8 week cycle and got really nice gains but lost most if not all but in part because I slacked pretty hard for months after coming off.

So my question: is 1 or 2 creatine cycles a year worth doing? Or will I loose it all?(can't draw conclusion on mass retention based on one and only cycle since I didn't maintain good work outs after coming off)

Basically if I did ^ would I be bigger and stronger years down the road than I would I'd I never took creatine?

And this time I plan to go with mono, even tho amplified worked It seems mono is superior to all.

Thanks

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake91 View Post
    Hi, a few questions regarding creatine

I'm 20 been lifting ~5 years but am diabetic so don't normally take creatine, but taking it for one or a maximum two 6-8 week cycles per year would definitely fine. I took the recommended 5g daily dosage of amplified creatine last year for one 8 week cycle and got really nice gains but lost most if not all but in part because I slacked pretty hard for months after coming off.

So my question: is 1 or 2 creatine cycles a year worth doing? Or will I loose it all?(can't draw conclusion on mass retention based on one and only cycle since I didn't maintain good work outs after coming off)

Basically if I did ^ would I be bigger and stronger years down the road than I would I'd I never took creatine?

And this time I plan to go with mono, even tho amplified worked It seems mono is superior to all.

Thanks
    Cycling isn't really necessary for creatine, a maintenance dose of around 5g per day should be just fine to saturate the muscles over time and reap the full benefits of creatine supplementation. Research has proven long term creatine supplementation to be safe.

You could always do a bit of a 'wash out' period by taking a week off it here and there whenever you have a week off from the gym or something if you are concerned, although again there isn't really any need to cycle it providing you are taking an appropriate dose ( 5g ).

As for results with creatine, it is one of the most widely researched supplements out there. It's an extremely effective supplement which will positively affect your performance, results and recovery.

Creatine is a staple in a lot of trainers' supplement regime, fact is because it's safe, researched/proven, cost friendly and most of all, it works.

Consistency is the key