Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
    I'll stick with a measly 62lbs for swinging
    I dont know any guys in my gym who can swing 62lb kettlebell. I have had a few tears asking people to swing 30lb ones haha.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
    I dont know any guys in my gym who can swing 62lb kettlebell. I have had a few tears asking people to swing 30lb ones haha.
    Yeah I love that. Find the guy that thinks he is the **** in the gym and seems to be given you the "I could totally kick your ass" look, then challenge him to 10 to 12 kettlebell swings...He will never look at you like that, maybe even look at you again.

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

They would, it's true Then again they don't have KBs at the gym, so I guess they really would.

I do agree, though, many, or at least at one time, would have looked but they are getting to be so commonplace now that it's more a tool turned gimmick turned tool again and they have gone a full circle, in that sense.

The interesting thing is that whilst some men seem to find them a source for amusement, mostly because they've never lifted one or not seriously lifted one; women, tend to use them for lifting and/or conditioning because they don't have the stigma of the barbell and bulky muscles (though we know that's also a fallacy because they are still to all intents and purposes a weight and will act on the body in the same way as a BB etc), but, because they don't yet have the stigma or are not male related, in a sense, females feel comfortable lifting them.

Powerlifters use them in their training and have to use less weight using them than they would with the barbell, they suddenly realise how difficult they can be due to their centre of gravity and shape etc.
    Women should stop looking at weights with such stigma since women that are in the spotlight have begun to embrace weight training and, if I may state my opinion, look damn good for doing it. I think if women heard the stories of people like Gina Carano (Strikeforce Fighter, star of the movie Haywire), Missy Beaver (RKC and sought after trainer to people like Katherine Heigl), as well as others.

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
    Mainly, it's because it's the heaviest one that I own.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmetalguy View Post
    Women should stop looking at weights with such stigma since women that are in the spotlight have begun to embrace weight training and, if I may state my opinion, look damn good for doing it. I think if women heard the stories of people like Gina Carano (Strikeforce Fighter, star of the movie Haywire), Missy Beaver (RKC and sought after trainer to people like Katherine Heigl), as well as others.
    The stigma is twofold though and men's views have to alter as well, not so much guys on here or one or two of the other forums, but they do exist and it is enough to turn females away from weights which is a shame.

It's actually a very weird experience having nurses want to prod and feel your flexed little ol' biceps and they're still in awe of it, even though it's dinky but solid. I guess, solid biceps whether on men or women turn heads.

There is also the fact that some men are threatened by women that have strength because they train and don't encourage their partners to train due to their insecurities in that respect, thankfully not all men though.

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

Mainly, it's because it's the heaviest one that I own.

The stigma is twofold though and men's views have to alter as well, not so much guys on here or one or two of the other forums, but they do exist and it is enough to turn females away from weights which is a shame.

It's actually a very weird experience having nurses want to prod and feel your flexed little ol' biceps and they're still in awe of it, even though it's dinky but solid. I guess, solid biceps whether on men or women turn heads.

There is also the fact that some men are threatened by women that have strength because they train and don't encourage their partners to train due to their insecurities in that respect, thankfully not all men though.
    That is a profoundly true point though

M&S Power User
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

I don't think "everyone" thinks this. I think some people do, some don't Kettles aren't new at all they have always been around. They are just "poplular" as of late
    MUSCLE GAUGE NUTRITION - Brand Rep

"Your Home for Affordable, High Quality, Nutritional Supplements"