MEMBER LOGIN

M&S Senior Member IvanTheTerible's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Default Tweaked my lower Back HELP

Hey anyone have some advice for a lower back pain tweak while dead lifting?

Here is the scenario : I was doing my usual dead lifts warmed up with 245lbs for a few sets then worked my way up to 315 - 365 and I was pushing for 380 for 5 reps and on my last set I felt something pop in my lower back... Then when I tried to do my incline leg press I felt some piin in my lower back the same as during the. DL's. So I rested it for a few days and tryed again same issue even at lower weight... Issues straitening my back and bending over at the hips instead of bending with my legs...

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix my back! ? !
    + + =

" Lifting HEAVY is relative to your body's ability to MAINTAIN FORM while your preforming the GOD DAMN MOVEMENT " Yo Elliot "

BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by IvanTheTerible View Post
    Hey anyone have some advice for a lower back pain tweak while dead lifting?

Here is the scenario : I was doing my usual dead lifts warmed up with 245lbs for a few sets then worked my way up to 315 - 365 and I was pushing for 380 for 5 reps and on my last set I felt something pop in my lower back... Then when I tried to do my incline leg press I felt some piin in my lower back the same as during the. DL's. So I rested it for a few days and tryed again same issue even at lower weight... Issues straitening my back and bending over at the hips instead of bending with my legs...

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix my back! ? !
    If it's still hurting after a couple of days I'd get to a PHysical Therapist or Chiropractor.

"feeling something pop" in your lower back, usually requires in-person, expert advice.

Did you take any medication to relieve the pain? And if you did, did it not provide relief? If you didn't and you're still stiff, I think finding a professional would be best!

Good luck my brother!

Dave
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

P.S. - My usual advice of Rest and Ice may not apply in matters of the Spine, so seek a professional.
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    P.S. - My usual advice of Rest and Ice may not apply in matters of the Spine, so seek a professional.
    I didn't take anything for it Dave , I just went about my other workout days and I've not seen any issues in any other lifts...
    I changed Dead lift style from conventional barbell to hex Bar and that made a slight improvement but all in all lifting even 3 plates per side is taxing on my lower back so I am thinking about avoiding Dead lifting for the next 2 weeks while I am at home for Christmas Holidays...

I tried them today and 225 seemed fine then I jumped to 315 and the pain was there so I stopped doing the Dead lifts for today.... BUT the hack squat machine , Standard back squats and other leg movements did not seem to bother me...

I can't access a chiropractor or physio therapist until I return to Halifax in January !

Ive also tried stretching and bending trying to really locate where the pain is coming from.... but its hard 2 pin point...
    + + =

" Lifting HEAVY is relative to your body's ability to MAINTAIN FORM while your preforming the GOD DAMN MOVEMENT " Yo Elliot "

M&S Senior Member
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Good God man. Go to the doctor and stop posting here...

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by threeb009 View Post
    Good God man. Go to the doctor and stop posting here...
    I suppose I can go to the base hospital in CFB Trenton....which sucks cause I will have to report for sick parade instead of just walking into a regular Civilian Hospital!!!!

Still last time I tweaked my left calve and I went to the doctors they gave me ice and some Pain killers.... which was USELESS !!!! and a complete waste of time...

I am still walking / running / doing things just fine , I just cant do heavy Dead Lifts its not like IM all Cripple here !!!

I guess I am just looking for somebody who has had a similar lower back tweak while dead lifting and an example of how long to expect recovery to be....
    + + =

M&S Senior Member
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I suppose I can go to the base hospital in CFB Trenton....which sucks cause I will have to report for sick parade instead of just walking into a regular Civilian Hospital!!!!

Still last time I tweaked my left calve and I went to the doctors they gave me ice and some Pain killers.... which was USELESS !!!! and a complete waste of time...

I am still walking / running / doing things just fine , I just cant do heavy Dead Lifts its not like IM all Cripple here !!!

I guess I am just looking for somebody who has had a similar lower back tweak while dead lifting and an example of how long to expect recovery to be....
    Understood. What I'm trying to say is that injuries with your back are extremely delicate. I've screwed up my back alot (playing rugby mostly in college) and I'll have these issues for the rest of my life in one form or another.

If your base hospital is useless, do you have the option of an off-base civ hospital? Even better, can you see an orthopedist? I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just trying to give some advice as to what I WISH I had done when my back pains started.

I wish you nothing but the best.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log
    • Photos

I tweeked my back last year doing deads and it put me out for about 4 weeks.. it sucked.

Current Supps: D-Stunna, Dymatize Whey, XTEND

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Can we get a video of your normal deadlifting?
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Friend of mine hurt his lower back when he got bumped into during a deadlift. Took about 4 months and lots of Dr.s visits to get him going again.
    You Can't Out-Diet Lousy Training.

Team BEAR

Forever Bulking