MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

Default Afterburn/Sixpackshortcuts

I recently took a look at the over-advertised Sixpackshortcuts on youtube, and the Fitness trainer mentioned after-burn, and by maximizing its effects, I could work out 3-4 times a week for only 30 minutes. Is this legit? I find it hard to believe I'll burn more calories using a system like that, compared to my current routine. I work out 5-6 times a week for roughly 1 1/2 hours, and jog about 1.3 miles every morning before breakfast. Would the afterburn program be more effective than a normal routine designed for weight loss, coupled with a relatively stable diet? If so, how does one actually maximize the afterburn effect? And if anyone here has tried the six pack shortcuts, how was it?

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Abs are made in the kitchen. Also, the guy in the video looks to be "enhanced."

Pass and take the advice here.
    Big & Strong = Heavy Compounds + Progression + Food

Follow M&S: Facebook Twitter

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Personaly i not tryed these and tbh i leave these kind of things well alone. You can try them your self for the best reveiw but this could just be burning a hole in your back pocket. Remember there are no real shortcuts in this game.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

They call it shortcuts but I think they really but Proper work into there's, Maybe are juiced up but they have some good advise in their videos. Testimonials by the people dont look over hyped either let they haven't gone from fat to shredded in now time. I think its just a buzzword to get people to the page but alot of the material is genuine.

They do actully talk about Abs are in the kitchen in one of their videos too Steve

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by walkerj View Post

They do actully talk about Abs are in the kitchen in one of their videos too Steve
    That's good.

With that said, there is a mountain of free information on the net that is better than most e-books, and it's free.

Try asking Rich Knapp what it takes. He is on the forum and will give you advice. He is one of the most ripped natural lifters on the planet. Cliff Wilson is here as well, and helps people cut for a living.

There are many resources here that are free, and that can help.
    Last edited by Steve; 08-17-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Big & Strong = Heavy Compounds + Progression + Food

Follow M&S: Facebook Twitter

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

@walkerj: really? So did the whole afterburn thing work for you? As far as results go, which route do you think is more efficient, the shorter afterburn-oriented work outs, or a typical routine where I work out 5-6 times a week, and do cardio both in the morning and at the gym?

@Steve: How would I contact Rich Knapp, Cliff Wilson, etc?

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanChris View Post
    @walkerj: really? So did the whole afterburn thing work for you? As far as results go, which route do you think is more efficient, the shorter afterburn-oriented work outs, or a typical routine where I work out 5-6 times a week, and do cardio both in the morning and at the gym?
    In respect to Ab workouts? or general? If in general check out the WO routines in the article section, Steve and some of the other M&S Writers (And also Pro-BBs) have written routines, Its more to choose one that suits your goals and you make gains from. (Which can take a while to find)
    In repect to Abs what type of Abs you want really I guess to how you will train them , Big bulky ones or toned smaller ones, this will also effect how Abs are trained, Also the Core needs to be taken into consideration. Generally I don't do alot of individual Abs training as I get plenty from Squatting and Deadlifting and would rather rest them intill they come around again so I can perform at my best.

However Treat Abs as every other muscle they need rest, And the concenus is to train them after a WO usually rather than after cardio due to a higher anabolic state.