MEMBER LOGIN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    I've said it before and I will say it again...

You guys who "Miss" these banned posters were never on the receiving end of one of their condescending rants or insults.

When these rants or insults (or "Being Blunt") happen people get offended and report the member (TiTANCT, ABBANDON, EKNIGHT, ETC.) and the mods take action.

It's not like the mods ban these people because of some personal vendetta or that the mods don't like someone. We actually gave them a pretty *LONG* Leash. It's because people report the post, complain how rude or obnoxioius the person is being, and then action is taken.

These forums have rules and if you can't abide, if you must resort to name calling, insulting, or delivering your "ALMIGHTY KNOWLEDGE" in a condescending ways you have broken these rules.

Because of changes in the IT policy at my Day job, I cannot be on the forum and contribute as much as I would like. There are plenty of guys on here who deliver their knowledge (not just parrot from the articles they've read) and do it in a polite or helpful manner. (Tadolfi, Carl1174, LtL, MC, Squatter,ETC) why not give *THEM* Props instead of obsessing over the banned members?? Does one have to be a "BAD BOY" to get your respect and admiration?!?

Great.

P.S. and don't thing for *ONE SECOND* that those banned posters hesitated to report others when they were acting in a similar manner.
    Your right, I guess my opinion on it isn't really valid since most/all insults were not aimed my direction (As it is impossible for me to be wrong *cough* *cough*), and being banned 1 or 2 times myself, you (mods) certainly do not take banning people lightly.
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

A more appropriate title for this thread would have been "Wahh... ".

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by CityMiller View Post
    A more appropriate title for this thread would have been "Wahh... ".
    Aha funny man, you always like to act like a c*nt to me. Doesn't matter whether I am trying to be helpful, critiquing, or posting my opinion on things. ****, I've even tried to reason with you nicely and you shoved it back in my face. You have the option here to say what you wanna say that is related to the rants. This is exactly what Frankoman was saying, this is how a thread goes off topic. If you don't have anything related to the topic to say then just don't post.
    Squat 2.1x BW Squat, 1.75xBW Bench Press, 2.5xBW Deadlift (425/350/500)
    205 lbs @7%

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

I guess I will join in too...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I'm tired of this "if you want big arms then squat" bull ****. Tired of hearing about how some ****er doesn't train his arms because they don't need direct work to make gains... if you want big arms, train the **** out of them. If you want strong arms, train the **** out of them with a different volume.
    Maybe people say that because that approach worked best for them, and they are telling others because they want them to have the same or better success....

If you want to get toned, **** off, woman get toned.
    That comment basically means you are not allowed to have any opinions even remotely related to fitness or women.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post

Maybe people say that because that approach worked best for them, and they are telling others because they want them to have the same or better success....

Or maybe they say it because that's what e-guru's like Marc Rippetoe tells them to say. I think most of the time this is the case, that's why it gets annoying. They aren't making these claims based on experience, they are just parroting what someone else said.
    Just saying, I honestly think a lot of guys spout the squat for big bicep and direct bicep work is not needed stuff, because that is what Rip says, and he is highly viewed on the interwebz.
    "One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
    -Jim Wendler

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Aha funny man, you always like to act like a c*nt to me. Doesn't matter whether I am trying to be helpful, critiquing, or posting my opinion on things. ****, I've even tried to reason with you nicely and you shoved it back in my face. You have the option here to say what you wanna say that is related to the rants. This is exactly what Frankoman was saying, this is how a thread goes off topic. If you don't have anything related to the topic to say then just don't post.
    Graeme, just ignore him. He is just another e-parrot. Seriously, he showed his cards when he tried to say deadlifts don't translate to functional real world strength. See for yourself:
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...g-routine.html
    "One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
    -Jim Wendler

• Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

I guess things like these are bound to happen when a website grows. I'll just drop it off that all of these things started when neg reps were removed... just saying...

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I like this thread. I missed a lot for being gone this weekend. I remember back when I first joined. Almost every post had some type of useful information in it, but now I see more joke telling than anything. Due to preparation to finals and then finals week I haven't really posted much of anything besides what's in my journal for the time being. I honestly don't really like where this forum is going.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Firstly, I would like to say I support the mods here 100%. It's a thankless job. Yes, I miss guys like EK. I learned alot from him. However, if a member here cannot abide by the rules after repeated warnings than so be it. If I cannot abide by the rules at work after repeated warnings, I would get fired. Same thing at home - I am sure Mrs Squatter would kick me out on my ass if I didn't behave most of the time.

WRT the reps, I for one am sick and tired about all the silly debate about them. Almost all of my reps have come from motivating & inspiring members here. Personally, I cannot hold a candle against the knowledge of many members here. Why do so many members here think reps should only be handed out for knowledge???? For over a year now, I have been spending about 3 hours a day on here - 95% of the time commenting on journals and updating my own. I devote every lunch hour, break, and an hour each evening to this forum. Why? Because I need to be motivated and inspired. I pay it forward by commenting and attempting to inspire as many members here as possible via their journals. As far as LOL or joke reps go, I have also received the odd rep for that. One example? One day, the most respected female member here was having a cruddy day. I found a cartoon I thought would make her cheer up, so I posted it up in her journal. It not only cheered her up, but it made her day and lifted her spirits enough to go lift. She repped me. So, I ask all of you, is there something wrong with that?? As far as rep rings go, I have never heard of it nor would I ever think of participating in something so silly. Reps only mean anything if there is respect behind them. I f i don't have the respect of the majority of members here, then yes, my reps can be reset to zero. I accept all my reps in the spirit they are given to me and I will never apologize for my rep power. I also enjoy handing out reps to deserving posts as often as I can.

I for one, am also sick and tired of all the drama here. I absolutely love this site and forum. I support it 100%. My lifting has improved and progressed more in the last year since joining this forum than in the 24 years previous.

With that said, there is always room for improvement here. if anyone has suggestions or issues, please do us all a favor and advise Damien or any other mod. For the life of me, I cannot understand why they wouldn't want to make this forum even better, so, I am sure they consider all comments and suggestions. it's up to us to make this a better forum. I will never, ever give up on it.
    My favorite part of lifting is having the opportunity
    Every Rep Matters
    Best Meet Totals:
    Squat: 403 lbs
    Bench: 253 lbs
    Deadlift: 463 lbs
    Totals: 1119 lbs

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post

That comment basically means you are not allowed to have any opinions even remotely related to fitness or women.
    I didn't mean for it to come off that way, for anybody taken back by it (5kglifter as well) I apologize. I meant that when people advice a high rep and low weight routine to burn fat it bothers me.
    Squat 2.1x BW Squat, 1.75xBW Bench Press, 2.5xBW Deadlift (425/350/500)
    205 lbs @7%

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Frankoman View Post
    My biggest beef is that every single thread goes off topic. I'm fine with this in the Random Thread section but when it started happening in the beginner Q and A, muscle and strength building forums and else where I lost interest in posting.

Then, a lot of reps have been gained through telling jokes or posting something funny. And I mean a lot. Sure it's fine to have a couple reps from being a funny guy, but a lot of topics are going off topic for this reason; to get those 'Funny Post!' reps.

I still check this forum every day, even if I'm not posting but I think the reps should be reset. I mean nobody should care honestly since they really don't mean anything. Lets start fresh and see if members who actually post useful information will attain high rep counts over those that have high reps now for being funny or blunt.
    Some people's reps would be higher still; there are people that post "rep+" in a thread and yet forget they need to hit the button and give you the rep+, both myself and Doug have had this occur and I'm sure lots of other members have as well.

Reps do mean "something" most members have attained their rep power through the helpful posts they have given out, yourself included; even if reps were reset to zero, the people with the higher reps now would probably still end up with the higher reps afterwards.

Reps relate to the amount of times a poster is putting up posts as well, when I'm not on posting a lot or answering a lot of questions, I get no reps, I see no issues with this.

When people quote Doug as having had the highest rep at one time, that comes down to them; Doug is busy calculating people's bodyfat percentages, but how many thank him for it by giving him a rep+, in the same way as how many might thank Yitmy for his advice/help on issues.

With the rep system, people have to look at themselves first...rep power doesn't bother me one way or the other but I can't understand why it bothers anyone at all...is it really that important to people? If it wasn't that, it would be something else to be disgruntled about.

Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnuckles View Post
    I guess things like these are bound to happen when a website grows. I'll just drop it off that all of these things started when neg reps were removed... just saying...
    Actually, that's not quite correct, all these things started happening way before the neg reps were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by BukAndrew View Post
    I like this thread. I missed a lot for being gone this weekend. I remember back when I first joined. Almost every post had some type of useful information in it, but now I see more joke telling than anything. Due to preparation to finals and then finals week I haven't really posted much of anything besides what's in my journal for the time being. I honestly don't really like where this forum is going.
    Forums are dynamic places, they conitune to change....it's just the way it is.

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I agree with you Babs. I just feel like this community's going downhill.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by sahorn View Post
    How about this...

Seriously WGAFF about rep power? Maybe if most people stopped worrying over it like an online dick-measuring contest pointless threads like this, among others, wouldn't be posted and posters could move on with their lives.
    Last edited by Shaun; 05-08-2011 at 04:58 PM.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Seriously WGAFF about rep power? Maybe if most people stopped worrying over it like an online dick-measuring contest pointless threads like this, among others, wouldn't be posted and posters could move on with their lives.
    No offence but no one is telling you to stop by this thread and comment. If you think this is a pointless thread then ignore it and 'move on with your life'.
    Stats: Bench- 315, Squat- 440, Deadlift- 530, 6'4", 215lbs
    Goals by end of year: Bench- 365, Squat- 500, Deadlift- 600, 6'4", 230lbs

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismazur814 View Post
    No offence but no one is telling you to stop by this thread and comment. If you think this is a pointless thread then ignore it and 'move on with your life'.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Less arguing and more lifting and eating please.

LtL

-
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by LtL View Post
    Less arguing and more lifting and eating please.

LtL
    If only!

M&S Senior Member
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Shaun, you have completely removed my posts because you know im right...
    Im sure not one person was offended by my comments, even the op, graeme.
    And, if it did cause offense, it wasnt enough to even warrant a response.
    Seriously, bro?

M&S Senior Member
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Heck, ltl agreed...
    Whats the problem?

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
    Or maybe they say it because that's what e-guru's like Marc Rippetoe tells them to say. I think most of the time this is the case, that's why it gets annoying. They aren't making these claims based on experience, they are just parroting what someone else said.
    Just saying, I honestly think a lot of guys spout the squat for big bicep and direct bicep work is not needed stuff, because that is what Rip says, and he is highly viewed on the interwebz.
    That is true as well, but there are guys like that from all parts of all areas. All I can do is speak for myself. I talk a lot about how direct arm work is not needed (program dependent), but that comes from my own experience. When I first ran a full body with no direct arm work I was extremely skeptical until I saw results. Im not trying to debate split routines vs full bodies, its clear they both work and are goal dependent. Im just trying to be clear that my views and opinions that I post are based on what I have personally experienced or seen.

But back to what you said, I do agree that there are a considerable amount of keyboard warriors, and they do get annoying.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler

Loading Swag [|||||100%] JarheadFMJ's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

Contradiction is some of the people who thinks reps don't matter also think they should be reset.
    The whole banning thing I'll stay out of, wont make a difference what I think.
    But as for being In the line of fire from banned members, smart people usually new better.
    Or at least didnt get butt hurt when they did and were wrong.
    Last edited by JarheadFMJ; 05-08-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    POWER LEVEL: 72,915
    "I'll never be a weightlifter"
    197,6'2

BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I think the problem has been solved.

Closing up thread.
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.