Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Default Uhh...(Fix Search Button Please) & other Rants

How about we FIX THE ****ING SEARCH BUTTON. FOR **** SAKES! People were definitely eager enough to refer the new members to it. Everything is gone to ****. Complete noobs with rep power out the wazoo, frequent forum members with 4000 + posts being banned. I've been a member since Doug had the highest rep power at about 110. That kind of power was practically unattainable, now every Tom, Dick, and Larry has it. That actually ****es me off, even though a high rep power doesn't necessarily mean ****. This is why I rarely post anymore. I just log my workout for my own benefit, check out a few other logs and drop a line for support and get off. I'm tired of this "if you want big arms then squat" bull ****. Tired of hearing about how some ****er doesn't train his arms because they don't need direct work to make gains... if you want big arms, train the **** out of them. If you want strong arms, train the **** out of them with a different volume. If you want to get toned, **** off, woman get toned.

M&S store is legit though, nothing bad to say about that.
    Squat 2.1x BW Squat, 1.75xBW Bench Press, 2.5xBW Deadlift (425/350/500)
    205 lbs @7%

Loading Swag [|||||100%] JarheadFMJ's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

Tissue?

Kidding
    POWER LEVEL: 72,915
    "I'll never be a weightlifter"
    197,6'2

Will rep for Zyzz posts TBtaylor52's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    How about we FIX THE ****ING SEARCH BUTTON. FOR **** SAKES! People were definitely eager enough to refer the new members to it. Everything is gone to ****. Complete noobs with rep power out the wazoo, frequent forum members with 4000 + posts being banned. I've been a member since Doug had the highest rep power at about 110. That kind of power was practically unattainable, now every Tom, Dick, and Larry has it. That actually ****es me off, even though a high rep power doesn't necessarily mean ****. This is why I rarely post anymore. I just log my workout for my own benefit, check out a few other logs and drop a line for support and get off. I'm tired of this "if you want big arms then squat" bull ****. Tired of hearing about how some ****er doesn't train his arms because they don't need direct work to make gains... if you want big arms, train the **** out of them. If you want strong arms, train the **** out of them with a different volume. If you want to get toned, **** off, woman get toned.

Dammmnnn.. I think you read my mind perfectly, Ill see if I can add to this.. & repped.
    Last edited by TBtaylor52; 05-07-2011 at 12:14 AM.
    RIP Zyzz 03/24/1989 08/06/2011. Veni Vidi Vici. Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of Aesthetics.
    POWER LEVEL: 116,195

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Nice rant. Search button not working ****s me.
    Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

I'm still ****ed off that Eknight got banned to be honest. **** that guy knew his stuff and had the references to back up his knowledge. Such a legit member. I'm sure Damien didn't forget that before M&S was a store, it was a site purely for support. EK posted studies to disprove garbage supplements that shouldn't be sold in any store and wouldn't be bullied by the internet police so he was banned. If I am off key with that, I want to know what the **** happened to a highly reliable and in my opinion valuable member.
    205 lbs @7%

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

He certainly wasn't a troll like Jaskarn. Abaddon was sort of an ass hole but he still made an effort to help people, just like Titan and Mr.Shadow with their blunt but helpful ways.
    205 lbs @7%

Will rep for Zyzz posts TBtaylor52's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

I'm still ****ed off that Eknight got banned to be honest. **** that guy knew his stuff and had the references to back up his knowledge. Such a legit member. I'm sure Damien didn't forget that before M&S was a store, it was a site purely for support. EK posted studies to disprove garbage supplements that shouldn't be sold in any store and wouldn't be bullied by the internet police so he was banned. If I am off key with that, I want to know what the **** happened to a highly reliable and in my opinion valuable member.
    I like how you mention this, I just did the punisher avatar for him.
    RIP Zyzz 03/24/1989 08/06/2011. Veni Vidi Vici. Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of Aesthetics.
    POWER LEVEL: 116,195

M&S Elite Member
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

I assume there's more to it than I know (which is nothing), but on the face of it, it definitely doesn't seem right to me that he was banned. Always respected his knowledge and posts, even if they weren't always full of flowers and rainbows.

What's wrong with the search button? Works ok for me.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by dodgybob View Post
    I assume there's more to it than I know (which is nothing), but on the face of it, it definitely doesn't seem right to me that he was banned. Always respected his knowledge and posts, even if they weren't always full of flowers and rainbows.

What's wrong with the search button? Works ok for me.
    For me, it asks me to log in... so I do. Then it tells me unrecognizable username or password.
    205 lbs @7%

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

I sure do miss the olden days...
    Quitting is not an option... Push muthafffff, PUSH!!!

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

For me, it asks me to log in... so I do. Then it tells me unrecognizable username or password.
    Yeah, same here. Thought I got banished or something.
    Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

HAHA! This is awesome. You said many good things here.
    I will add that I am tired of hearing about (from some inexperienced noob) how split training doesn't work and everyone should use full body routines for everything all the time.
    I like fullbody training and utilize it for many months out of the year, but to say split training doesn't work is dumb.
    I also got a lol about the don't train your arms directly bs. I spent months argueing with some self claimed experienced douches about this. Direct work is not the enemy.
    Yes compounds and big muscle groups should get priority, but this does not mean direct, isolation movements of smaller muscle groups can't be beneficial. There is a whole group on this site that will argue with you until the end that direct bicep work is not needed no matter what.

Anyway, interesting thread graeme.
    "One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
    -Jim Wendler

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

I have noticed reps going through the roof lately, A lot of random people have ridiculous rep.

I think people may be setting up rep rings or something. Im for bringing Eric and Ian back, they may be blunt assholes, but they are knowledgeable blunt assholes. And being a blunt asshole myself, I think every forum needs a couple.
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I noticed all this happening a couple of months ago hence i havent posted a lot lately, i just read and laugh. I joined this community because it was awesome and noobs ,like myself at that time, could get help, nowadays if a person throws a legit question and the answer would require a bit of effort people just dont bother. Silly qestions on the other hand are very popular here almost always answered with a 'facepalm' or somethin along those lines. What does a new comer think when he/she sees a thread like that??...
    The only thing that keeps this forum rolling seems to be peoples journals and different competions. Even then u either have to have a mega rep power or lift crazy as **** numbers (which btw will soon get you mega reps) for anyone to actually stop by and say: well done youre doing great, keep going.

People create these journals to get a bit of motivation to keep them going through hard times. Go into the training journals part of the forum and see how many failed attempts to create journals there is, nobody gives a **** about your journal unless you are ,as mentioned above, super strong or popular among these forums.

ALL OF US need to change our attitudes if we want this community to keep going and not fall apart.
    Stats: Bench- 315, Squat- 440, Deadlift- 530, 6'4", 215lbs
    Goals by end of year: Bench- 365, Squat- 500, Deadlift- 600, 6'4", 230lbs

BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Moved to appropriate section, so Web techies can fix the search button problem.
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismazur814 View Post
    I noticed all this happening a couple of months ago hence i havent posted a lot lately, i just read and laugh. I joined this community because it was awesome and noobs ,like myself at that time, could get help, nowadays if a person throws a legit question and the answer would require a bit of effort people just dont bother. Silly qestions on the other hand are very popular here almost always answered with a 'facepalm' or somethin along those lines. What does a new comer think when he/she sees a thread like that??...
    The only thing that keeps this forum rolling seems to be peoples journals and different competions. Even then u either have to have a mega rep power or lift crazy as **** numbers (which btw will soon get you mega reps) for anyone to actually stop by and say: well done youre doing great, keep going.
    People create these journals to get a bit of motivation to keep them going through hard times. Go into the training journals part of the forum and see how many failed attempts to create journals there is, nobody gives a **** about your journal unless you are ,as mentioned above, super strong or popular among these forums.

ALL OF US need to change our attitudes if we want this community to keep going and not fall apart.
    I've noticed this over the past 6 months or so, there are lots of journals out there which are getting very little to no support at all. It was suggested that maybe they should post in other people's journals, but the thing is they do but the support is not reciprocated so then they get tired of supporting the people who are already getting plenty of support.

Just sayin'

I couldn't care less one way or the other; I try and drop in to as many journals as possible to give support, but because there are so many, that means it's infrequent but better that than nothing at all.

BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I've said it before and I will say it again...

You guys who "Miss" these banned posters were never on the receiving end of one of their condescending rants or insults.

When these rants or insults (or "Being Blunt") happen people get offended and report the member (TiTANCT, ABBANDON, EKNIGHT, ETC.) and the mods take action.

It's not like the mods ban these people because of some personal vendetta or that the mods don't like someone. We actually gave them a pretty *LONG* Leash. It's because people report the post, complain how rude or obnoxioius the person is being, and then action is taken.

These forums have rules and if you can't abide, if you must resort to name calling, insulting, or delivering your "ALMIGHTY KNOWLEDGE" in a condescending ways you have broken these rules.

Because of changes in the IT policy at my Day job, I cannot be on the forum and contribute as much as I would like. There are plenty of guys on here who deliver their knowledge (not just parrot from the articles they've read) and do it in a polite or helpful manner. (Tadolfi, Carl1174, LtL, MC, Squatter,ETC) why not give *THEM* Props instead of obsessing over the banned members?? Does one have to be a "BAD BOY" to get your respect and admiration?!?

Great.

P.S. and don't thing for *ONE SECOND* that those banned posters hesitated to report others when they were acting in a similar manner.
    Last edited by muscletrainerdh; 05-07-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

I've had this happen a few times, and then when you try and respond to a post it tells you you're not logged in...GaPeach also went through this some time ago, I remember it drove her nuts.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post

P.S. and don't think for *ONE SECOND* that those banned posters hesitated to report others when they were acting in a similar manner.
    ^ This is a good point.

Backing Dave up, any experienced poster that gets banned here had a long leash. Eknight surely did.

Eknight was no victim.
    Last edited by Steve; 05-07-2011 at 10:30 AM.
    Big & Strong = Heavy Compounds + Progression + Food

Follow M&S: Facebook Twitter

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

EK posted studies to disprove garbage supplements that shouldn't be sold in any store and wouldn't be bullied by the internet police so he was banned.
    do you really think EK was banned because he posted studies disproving supplements sold by MS? If that were true, there would be many, many more people also banned, myself included. * tinfoil hat*

EK got banned because of the way he choose to treat people. Just because you have education/experience doesnt mean you get to be an ass.

People get banned because they repeatedly break the rules....over and over...and over and over.
    Current Supps: Controlled Labs Orange Triad, NOW Foods Ultra Omega-3, EvoMuse: Gut Health

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Other
    • Photos

Almighty Knowledge is a good way of putting it Dave.
    I usually don't get involved in all the drama but I need to say this....

To me, it seems that some that started here and have grown through time seem to think that there is some form of entitlement since you're a long standing member.
    That it is okay to just throw out rants and insults as you have a high post count or a great amount of rep points.

Why?
    A good community is maintained by mutual respect of one another and the common goal of helping in some way...things are looked at from the angle of "how can I help this person, or here is what you are doing right"

Not from the angle of "what can I find wrong or how can I make myself look better in my response"

The latter is the easiest way to go and for me, loses some of my respect.

While I can understand the frustration felt in a situation, like the search function, why not just send a PM to mods, Damien and show your concern about the problem instead of a public posting inciting panic or riot within the community?

Again, the positive route is not always the easiest, but it keeps a community better bonded and the vibes more pleasant.

It is in this example that some have found themselves banned - they just don't get that.
    The "ME" mentality works well in the gym at times - but not on a forum.
    Failure to Plan is Planning to Fail
    What's your plan?
    Yes, I am a Moderator

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

If you want to get toned, **** off, woman get toned.
    There are a minimum of at least 63 female members on M&S, many of whom seldom post on the main forum and the sort of comment above that you have made, is one of the reasons that they don't post...it's not helpful.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
    I've noticed this over the past 6 months or so, there are lots of journals out there which are getting very little to no support at all. It was suggested that maybe they should post in other people's journals, but the thing is they do but the support is not reciprocated so then they get tired of supporting the people who are already getting plenty of support.

Just sayin'

I couldn't care less one way or the other; I try and drop in to as many journals as possible to give support, but because there are so many, that means it's infrequent but better that than nothing at all.
    x2

And in terms of rep power all it takes is for someone to post a workout where they set like 5 PB's and they get rep'd by 5 different people, and of course, as their rep gets higher so does their rep power. Any persons rep power can easily jump by 15+ in a heartbeat. I think a rep power of over 1k is like a 10-12 boost.

You guys who "Miss" these banned posters were never on the receiving end of one of their condescending rants or insults.

When these rants or insults (or "Being Blunt") happen people get offended and report the member (TiTANCT, ABBANDON, EKNIGHT, ETC.) and the mods take action.

It's not like the mods ban these people because of some personal vendetta or that the mods don't like someone. We actually gave them a pretty *LONG* Leash. It's because people report the post, complain how rude or obnoxioius the person is being, and then action is taken.

These forums have rules and if you can't abide, if you must resort to name calling, insulting, or delivering your "ALMIGHTY KNOWLEDGE" in a condescending ways you have broken these rules.

Because of changes in the IT policy at my Day job, I cannot be on the forum and contribute as much as I would like. There are plenty of guys on here who deliver their knowledge (not just parrot from the articles they've read) and do it in a polite or helpful manner. (Tadolfi, Carl1174, LtL, MC, Squatter,ETC) why not give *THEM* Props instead of obsessing over the banned members?? Does one have to be a "BAD BOY" to get your respect and admiration?!?

Great.

P.S. and don't thing for *ONE SECOND* that those banned posters hesitated to report others when they were acting in a similar manner.
    Its the same reason as why the front page of the news is sometimes is something pointless and we never hear about the 20 year old Marine that gave his life defending our country.
    Twitter @JMang0

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by MistahX View Post
    I sure do miss the olden days...

My biggest beef is that every single thread goes off topic. I'm fine with this in the Random Thread section but when it started happening in the beginner Q and A, muscle and strength building forums and else where I lost interest in posting.

Then, a lot of reps have been gained through telling jokes or posting something funny. And I mean a lot. Sure it's fine to have a couple reps from being a funny guy, but a lot of topics are going off topic for this reason; to get those 'Funny Post!' reps.

I still check this forum every day, even if I'm not posting but I think the reps should be reset. I mean nobody should care honestly since they really don't mean anything. Lets start fresh and see if members who actually post useful information will attain high rep counts over those that have high reps now for being funny or blunt.
    "If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing properly."

"You've got to build the house before you paint it." - muscletrainerd

"Bodybuilding is a marathon; not a sprint." - Coach

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Great.

I agree with this. I don't understand all the banned member martyrdom. While I did voice my opinion on other things in my previous post, this is one topic I have continued to remain quiet on.
    Speaking from someone who has been on both sides of the "forum law"(if you will), I think the MOD's here usually do a pretty darn good job. And I can speak from personal experience that they give plenty of chances and warnings before they resort to banning.
    From my perspective, if you get banned at M&S, you had to earn it. You were given clear warnings, and told to curve the behavior and you continued to blatantly and flagrantly disregard those warnings.
    I liked some of the guys that got banned, but I'm not going to be ignorant here and say that they didn't earn it.
    "One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
    -Jim Wendler