Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Default Effects of chest exercises on women's breasts

I chatted with GaPeach about this and i appreciate her input. I wanted some other opinions as well and maybe other females can help me out.

So what would exercises like bench press with bar/decline or other weight machines that work chest do for breasts?

Not women with huge ones but more like for women who arent very busty to those who are medium bust. They probably dont want them to get any smaller. So would doing these workouts make them get smaller?

Im going to be working out with this girl and i told her she should do chest and shes kind of hesitant.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Interesting. I wouldn't mind hearing what other women think about this question too! My chest is probably my weakest area, no idea if that's normal for women/women with certain body types/just me but I had, like, no chest muscles when I started lifting weights.

I would say, if anything, building the muscle in my chest has been beneficial because it makes my chest stick out a bit more! I mean, nothing drastic, but I think it makes sense that there's a bit of extra lift there (!) and that would be the same regardless of boob size. I definitely don't think the woman you're working out with should be put off from doing chest exercises for this reason. She wants her body to stay in proportion.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Other
    • Photos

Breast are mainly fat tissue.
    Only if you lose fat, will you reduce their size ... whether you build the underlying (chest) muscle or not.

Well yes, one thing can be that large pec muscles, with small breast tissue may give a more "masculine" look, than small breast with small pecs.

But then that is something which is very opinion based.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I'm personally all about quality over size (Both is better but if I had to choose one it would be quality.) I will take nice looking misquito bites over giant tube socks all day long.

Slayer is on the right note there, breast tissue is a lot of fatty tissue. There is other stuff there but loosing weight and fat will shrink them. As for muscle strinking them, I don't think so. I think it is mainly fat loss that does it. But as we know gaining muscle increases metabolism and facilitates quicker healthier fat loss. So I can see how people link the muscle gain to the breast size loss.
    Slow bulking to 190 lbs.
    Current weight 181.2 lbs.

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    I chatted with GaPeach about this and i appreciate her input. I wanted some other opinions as well and maybe other females can help me out.

So what would exercises like bench press with bar/decline or other weight machines that work chest do for breasts?

Not women with huge ones but more like for women who arent very busty to those who are medium bust. They probably dont want them to get any smaller. So would doing these workouts make them get smaller?

Im going to be working out with this girl and i told her she should do chest and shes kind of hesitant.
    If bodyfat diminishes, chances are that the bust will get smaller. Weight training will increase the muscle mass (pectorals) under the fatty breast tissue and will enhance the shape of the breasts by giving them some lift. Decline presses are pretty much useless/pointless for women, from what I've read, so it would be wiser to concentrate on flat bench and incline presses.
    1-Finger Deadlift, 1RM: 80.3lbs/36.5kg

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
    If bodyfat diminishes, chances are that the bust will get smaller. Weight training will increase the muscle mass (pectorals) under the fatty breast tissue and will enhance the shape of the breasts by giving them some lift. Decline presses are pretty much useless/pointless for women, from what I've read, so it would be wiser to concentrate on flat bench and incline presses.
    5kgLifter is spot on with this in my opinion. Give the decline presses a miss.

One tip I'd add for anyone trying to persuade a woman to lift weights or for women who are nervous about becoming too bulky in certain areas or weird things happening like growing chest muscles distorting breast appearance, is not to worry too much because even if something does start happening that you don't like (e.g. bulky thighs, protruding chest muscles, big shoulders....whatever), you're not making any changes that can't easily be undone.

Big muscles need to be sustained (annoyingly for many!), so if you build big biceps but stop training them completely, they will get smaller and smaller until they're back to where they were before you started. This was one of the ways I was persuaded to start doing weights because I wasn't convinced I'd like all the changes to my body. For the record, I haven't not liked any of the changes so far.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by ssslayer View Post
    Only if you lose fat, will you reduce their size ... whether you build the underlying (chest) muscle or not.

Well yes, one thing can be that large pec muscles, with small breast tissue may give a more "masculine" look, than small breast with small pecs.

But then that is something which is very opinion based.
    pretty much exactly what i said
    "Yes you are deceptively strong. Now you look strong but you look women strong, when in reality you are beast-mode strong " - Matty

Youtube Channel: kbeezie84

November 2012 Log of the Month

Instagram: fitmom_kali_

Max Numbers: Squat - 215, Dead Lift - 245

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Default Hello,

Great to see that post. I found lots of interesting information here.... yes loosing weight of whole body reduce the breast fat also.....

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

I read something in a magazine recently about this subject. Nothing particularly new to add to what's already been discussed except that it did say that chest muscle growth can make breast tissue spread out more, making them appear smaller.

It also emphasized that the only exercises women can really do to make their chest appear bigger, is to work your back because this results in better posture, reducing the amount you slouch and stopping your shoulders from rounding forwards, both of which make your chest appear smaller and are generally not flattering for any figure. Again, it underlined balance all round as well as issuing some warnings about the dangers of working chest and not back.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Other
    • Photos

I would recommend posting pictures to help the readers understand the topic.

Julez there is only one thing that can drastically and dramatically improve the posture - the DEADLIFT.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

[/QUOTE] Julez there is only one thing that can drastically and dramatically improve the posture - the DEADLIFT.[/QUOTE]

Agreed that deadlifts are awesome for back and up there with top 3 exercises generally but I think there are a few other exercises that are worth doing too!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Lose Weight
    • Photos

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ssslayer View Post
    well, that's right breasts mainly consisting of fat tissues. and that's why my breasts get smaller now as i'm trying to lose weight. i don't want to get masculine look but i also want to lose my weight. is there any exercise help me get bigger breasts or any products?

i'm seriously working on it and if anyone has idea please tell me.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Demi View Post
    well, that's right breasts mainly consisting of fat tissues. and that's why my breasts get smaller now as i'm trying to lose weight. i don't want to get masculine look but i also want to lose my weight. is there any exercise help me get bigger breasts or any products?

i'm seriously working on it and if anyone has idea please tell me.
    I'm gonna say no, beyond implants
    "Yes you are deceptively strong. Now you look strong but you look women strong, when in reality you are beast-mode strong " - Matty

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log
    • Photos

while on this topic, My wife works out with me and Bench press is one of the moves in our routine. She is losing body fat and her breast are getting smaller. SHE DONT WANT SMALLER BREAST. If she chooses to get implants after she reaches her weight loss goal, will having more chest muscle make it more difficult to recover from implants?

SHe dont want the surgery but she wants bigger boobs. It is completely her choice if she wants them and I dont encourage it, I actually am the one who told her to wait untill she reaches her fitness goal to decide then if she wants them. She may be completely happy with her looks from just being in shape and not worry about how big her breast are.

I know that going under the muscle is supposed to be the way to go but if she has good muscle from working chest, just wondering if that makes surgery rougher or better?
    Back to my roots
    Reeves classic physique. started 9-1-2014

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

In a way everyone is correct. I am a female who has the mosquito bites! I work out my chest muscles doing a few different machines/ free weights and have for over 6 months and my breast have not shrunk. God if they did I would cry! Depending on what exercises you do, your body and what size your breast are already will have an impact on what happens. By working on your chest your muscles get firmer and most often perk up your friends. Think about you bum. If you have a saggy one and you want to perk it up you work on it and whalah. Same thing can go for your breast to an extent because there are no muscles in breast tissue to work on but working on the muscles around can have an effect on them.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Implants problems solved.
    Jokes aside, i dated a girl who was a C cup, after shedding 10 lbs and lifting weights for a year she was a b cup.
    Pursuing progression with aggression
    Take care of your body...its the only place you have to live.
    If you train hard you will not only be hard, you will be hard to beat.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I'm gonna say no, beyond implants
    Agreed. I actually tried these bust enhancing pills (blush) when I was in college and all they did was make me gain weight all over...and it was an annoying, tough weight to get off too. I recommend staying away from those...
    Check out my log: Cets Sets N Stuff

Current favorite discovery:
    Use MIO water flavoring to make unflavored bcaa taste much better.
    Use it in your vodka seltzer for a night out...

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Lose Weight
    • Photos

Question

Quote Originally Posted by cet30n View Post
    Agreed. I actually tried these bust enhancing pills (blush) when I was in college and all they did was make me gain weight all over...and it was an annoying, tough weight to get off too. I recommend staying away from those...
    Well, I just talked with my friend today. She said she is on the bust pills and cream and they are gradually working on her. I'll wait till I reach my goal weight and will try them myself. will see if they work on me.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

hello everyone.

i've been following a programme i got off www.bodybuilding.com.

it's been about 4 weeks now and one thing i've realised it that my breasts, although slightly smaller, are ALOT perkier!

the only chest-specific exercises in the programme are bench presses. the rest are assisted pull-ups, dips, and deadlifts (a variation). The back-specific and compound-type exercises have really helped with my posture too. I've gone from having pretty bad neckaches to none at all albeit tight traps and rhomboids sometimes but its never to the point where my activity has been hindered.

here is the link if you're interested in checking out the programme.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/woma...sexy_bible.htm

do note that its an overall strength training and toning programme.
    I was really flabby about 4 weeks ago due to 6 months of inactivity due to a massive workload in school.
    rightnow, 4 weeks later, i am more toned and am going into the next phase of the programme. woot.

and i would definitely have to agree with ssslayer.

the DEADLIFT drastically and dramatically improves posture!!!!
    LOVE THEM!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

So, to further explore this topic- I would love to build up chest muscles to 'perk' things up and avoid surgery. What else besides bench press is best for this, and would you train this area differently than other muscle groups?

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Training Log
    • Photos

I dont think that lifting and building chest muscles will really "perk" things up... I could be wrong though. But it doesn't seem like building muscle would affect the sagginess of the boobs themselves

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

I don't think it will perk up the boobs, more of the foundation that they are on, is what I'm hoping.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

perky is overrated.
    The weights are not ur friends. If fact they f'ing hate u. They think ur their b!tch. They mock u every time u can't complete a rep. Now go smash the sh!t out of 'em! - Me

If you enjoy doing an exercise most likely you're not doing it right. - Arthur Jones

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

yea I dont see them getting perky unless you ate a lot more cals and added some mass/fat while working them

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance
    • Photos

Losing body fat will cut down on the body fat in your breasts to a point. This is generally going to be true if you have a high body fat ratio. However, your breasts are not going to simply disappear. We each have an inherent minimum for breast fat. Lower body fat would simply drop you to this minimum. Thin, small girls are not likely to lose any size.

As to what the exercises do for "perkiness"; You cannot technically make them stand up again if they are droopy. The structures that gives them perkiness are called Cooper's ligaments. They wear due to time (and many believe strain or gravity). This is why we all wear quality sports bras when running.

What does weight lifting do? Building up your pec muscles will not make your breasts bigger. However, it will tend to do two things: 1. Pectoral muscles have a natural division in the middle, so having fit pecs will give an illusion of cleavage. This works really well for thin, lean girls. 2. Building up back muscles will give added support to your posture, but it also helps to pull your arms/shoulders back and with that, the pecs. This posture will spread your shoulders drawing your breasts up which gives the "perky" appearance.