MEMBER LOGIN

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Default Pain shot up my forearm from my hand and now hurts.

Hi,

A few months ago I used to get a pain in the palm of my hand and then my forearm when I put weight on that hand, for example, when standing up from the ground using one had or even leaning on a desk with one hand when warming up.

The pain used to be sharp and would cause me to stop putting pressure on it. After a month or so the problem seemed to settle down. I have been doing a strength routine with a heavy weight and low reps, 85kg bent over rows, 100kg deadlifts, 75kg bench press and 55kg military's. Trying to do up to 8 reps with these weights is pretty heavy for me but my strength was improving every week.

Last work out (a few days ago) I was lifting the 75kg bench press I got a sudden sharp pain shoot from my hand to my elbow that caused me to stop lifting. Now, I have a dull pain/ache in my forearm/elbow.

Anyone got any idea/need more info?
    Thanks for any help.
    There are 2 types of people: those who enjoy learning from others; and those who think they know it all!

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Any one like to have a go?
    There are 2 types of people: those who enjoy learning from others; and those who think they know it all!

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by faun2500 View Post
    Any one like to have a go?
    I would suggest going to see your GP mate if you have any sort of injury that is preventing you from training. People on here will offer advice based on their experience but IMO your doctor should always be the first port of call.
    Gaz

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

"Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses" Rip

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz6682 View Post
    I would suggest going to see your GP mate if you have any sort of injury that is preventing you from training. People on here will offer advice based on their experience but IMO your doctor should always be the first port of call.
    Yeah that's good advise mate. The pain has gone now as I havent lifted for a couple of weeks (new baby) so I will see what happens when I start lifting again. If it hurts I will see the doctor.

Thanks.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by faun2500 View Post
    Yeah that's good advise mate. The pain has gone now as I havent lifted for a couple of weeks (new baby) so I will see what happens when I start lifting again. If it hurts I will see the doctor.

Thanks.
    No worries mate, just picked up a little injury myself so Im gonna take my own advice.

And congrats on the baby
    Gaz

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

"Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses" Rip