MEMBER LOGIN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Dude people are trying to help but u just wont listen!!! Look at the advice everyone has already given you and work somethin out cos i dont think anyone is gonna bother saying anytjing more.
    Stats: Bench- 315, Squat- 440, Deadlift- 530, 6'4", 215lbs
    Goals by end of year: Bench- 365, Squat- 500, Deadlift- 600, 6'4", 230lbs

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

ok u said to get a routine from the site which i did... and to get more rest days which i also included in this new routine... im also droping the supps so how is this a facepalm...

The Thrilla from Phila!! bigtim27's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Lose Weight
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMan0315 View Post
    im provinding my new workout routine asap please again tell me if its good or bad its only guna be working out 4 days a week 3 oof good enough?
    Please reread the advice provided already. Many people have given you well thought out advice. Don't take it for granted.
    Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis

Current supps: AA EFX K-Otic,Scivation Xtends,Scivation Whey,Scivation Sesamin, Scivation EFA,Udo's choice blend 3-6-9,optimen

Größte Mutter im Zimmer Abaddon's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

ok u said to get a routine from the site which i did... and to get more rest days which i also included in this new routine... im also droping the supps so how is this a facepalm...
    The routine you got - is it Starting Strength? Shadow spent a fair amount of time explaining that that was the ideal workout for you.

And if it's from the site, how come you've written in caps above it that it's a reconfiguration of the workout you posted in the first place?

And, finally, training abs 'every other day' is a rookie mistake.

This is why :facepalm:
    WEST AUSTRALIAN AMATEUR STRONGMAN
    AXLE CLEAN-PRESS: 105 kgs/ 231 lbs BENCH PRESS: 135 kgs / 298 lbs DEADLIFT: 220 kgs / 485 lbs FARMERS WALK: 240 kgs / 530 lbs, for 50 feet FRONT SQUAT: 100 kgs / 220 lbs KROC ROW: 82.5 kgs / 182 lbs left 5 reps, right 4 reps LOG CLEAN-PRESS: 105 kgs STANDING OHP: 90 kgs / 198 lbs TYRE FLIP: 260 kgs / 573 lbs, for 100 feet

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

because the training routine i originally posted was from the site i just reconfigured it and put it on a 5-6 days a week workout which now i know is bad lol im sorry fellas for the headache just gotta educate myself on my body i guess...

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    The routine you got - is it Starting Strength? Shadow spent a fair amount of time explaining that that was the ideal workout for you.

And if it's from the site, how come you've written in caps above it that it's a reconfiguration of the workout you posted in the first place?

And, finally, training abs 'every other day' is a rookie mistake.

This is why :facepalm:
    also like im saying im not a begenniner ive been working out for 3-4 years just never really educated myself just went to the gym and lifted i have a good amount of strength for my age im pressing 215 curling 50 for my last set etc.. i just need a lean torso that is all im asking im droping the supps geting more rest days and not doing abs everyother day as i was and eating more fruits but i doubt the veggies i really hate em i puke lol... but my diet i will be eating 5-6 meals a day im mostly eating eggs fruits lean chicken water orange juice wholeweat bread brown rice raisin bran cereal everynow and then raw eggs and thats about it

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

also i workd out abs every other day because in many programs i see such as p90x and such it is everyother day.. and i have a friend who did 500situps everyday and got some pretty amazing abs...

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Photos

also i workd out abs every other day because in many programs i see such as p90x and such it is everyother day.. and i have a friend who did 500situps everyday and got some pretty amazing abs...
    Sometimes I do despair.....

Carl.
    power level 70,880

Follow my log... Carl1174 Search for the Ideal

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

also like im saying im not a begenniner ive been working out for 3-4 years just never really educated myself just went to the gym and lifted i have a good amount of strength for my age im pressing 215 curling 50 for my last set etc.. i just need a lean torso that is all im asking im droping the supps geting more rest days and not doing abs everyother day as i was and eating more fruits but i doubt the veggies i really hate em i puke lol... but my diet i will be eating 5-6 meals a day im mostly eating eggs fruits lean chicken water orange juice wholeweat bread brown rice raisin bran cereal everynow and then raw eggs and thats about it
    Regardless of how long you've been lifting, or how much you can curl, you're still a beginner.

Putting up numbers to justify your lifting experience is - get this - something a beginner would do. And please note the comment I've emboldened. It pretty much sums it up. Only you can't educate yourself and expect to get it right; education comes from being schooled by others. It happened to me, and now it's happening to you.

Lastly: ignore veggies at your peril, mate, and were you paying attention when Shadow mentioned the pointlessness of eating raw eggs?
    Last edited by Abaddon; 10-13-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    AXLE CLEAN-PRESS: 105 kgs/ 231 lbs BENCH PRESS: 135 kgs / 298 lbs DEADLIFT: 220 kgs / 485 lbs FARMERS WALK: 240 kgs / 530 lbs, for 50 feet FRONT SQUAT: 100 kgs / 220 lbs KROC ROW: 82.5 kgs / 182 lbs left 5 reps, right 4 reps LOG CLEAN-PRESS: 105 kgs STANDING OHP: 90 kgs / 198 lbs TYRE FLIP: 260 kgs / 573 lbs, for 100 feet

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by carl1174 View Post
    Sometimes I do despair.....

Carl.
    Last edited by Abaddon; 10-13-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: wrong article

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

i like my raw eggs intead off cookd sometimes im just to lazy to cook or dont have the time that is all can you please provide me with a link to the starting strength routine or tell me where to find it thank you =)

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Lose Weight
    • Photos

i like my raw eggs intead off cookd sometimes im just to lazy to cook or dont have the time that is all can you please provide me with a link to the starting strength routine or tell me where to find it thank you =)

Stop being lazy and cook your eggs. Being lazy won't get you the body you want. I'm not trying to come across as being cocky but this stuff takes alot of dedication and hard work to achieve. Below is a link to starting strength.

http://www.startingstrength.net/workouts/

This is an exerpt from that link Do not add, remove or substitute ANY of these exercises or else you will be wasting your time. These are key exercises to increasing strength in any individual in the shortest amount of time. No other exercises out there come close to the efficacy of the ones listed above. Adding more exercises to this list is considered over-training
    Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis

Current supps: AA EFX K-Otic,Scivation Xtends,Scivation Whey,Scivation Sesamin, Scivation EFA,Udo's choice blend 3-6-9,optimen

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

thank you for the link but like u guys said do your own research and in my research of raw eggs they saw cooked eggs destroy most of the benefits of the actual egg.. maybe im wrong..

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Lose Weight
    • Photos

thank you for the link but like u guys said do your own research and in my research of raw eggs they saw cooked eggs destroy most of the benefits of the actual egg.. maybe im wrong..
    Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques

Manuscript received 6 October 1997. Initial reviews completed 18 November 1997. Revision accepted 3 June 1998.

Pieter Evenepoel, Benny Geypens, Anja Luypaerts, Martin Hiele, Yvo Ghoos, and Paul Rutgeerts
    Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium

Raw egg advocates argue that raw eggs are healthier than cooked eggs because cooking somehow reduces the nutritional value of the egg and protein. However, the science doesn’t really support this.

There is no clinical evidence or peer-reviewed research to indicate that cooking eggs reduces the availability of protein or significantly degrades vitamin or nutrient content. While the modern raw food movement would like to paint all foods with a broad brush that says they are healthier and more “natural” when not cooked, there really is little scientific evidence to back this up.

In fact, certain nutrient or phytochemical levels are actually boosted or enhanced during cooking, for example the anti-oxidant lycopene that’s present in tomato products. Heating tomatoes makes lycopene more available to the body, not less available.A 1997 study published in The Journal of Nutrition found that the protein in cooked eggs was actually 40% more bio-available to the body than when uncooked. In practical terms, this means that you’d have to eat seven raw eggs to absorb the amount of protein available in five cooked eggs. So cooking actually ehances the biological value (BV) of eggs, versus degrading it.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

thank you guys for the all the help il be posting pics of me today and post other one about 4-5 weeks after the ss routine =D

Banned
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Good sh!t Tim.

Dude... I've given you a ton of information, probably more than I've given anyone yet. I'm not going to do it all. You need to use google.

If you're really that lazy, then perhaps we should stop helping you because you probably won't utilize our advice anyways.

Yes, your research is incorrect.

And if you don't squat, there is no way possible that you're an intermediate lifter.

If you really think you are, then what's your height and weight, and your max on strict over-head press, bench, deadlift and squat.

Banned
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

thank you guys for the all the help il be posting pics of me today and post other one about 4-5 weeks after the ss routine =D
    I would do an 8 week progression pic. And just so we're clear on this, the program is to be followed until you stop making gains. And progression is going to mainly be impeded if you're not eating right. So if you aren't making gains and you're lifting heavy and following the program; you aren't eating enough.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

im a begennier there happy lol relax dude i just dont really know much but thanks alot im guna be following ur adive on the ss routine u gave me just i cant find the exercise video for the exercise calld "press" and "power clean" any idea what the two are it just says press

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

il be eating my lean chicken 3 times daily my eggs 2 timeas daily and my fruits 2 times daily aswell =)

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

http://www.startingstrength.net/workouts/
    theres the link ot the routine the exercise just says press?

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Press means overhead press
    Feel free to call me Chris.

Banned
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

im a begennier there happy lol relax dude i just dont really know much but thanks alot im guna be following ur adive on the ss routine u gave me just i cant find the exercise video for the exercise calld "press" and "power clean" any idea what the two are it just says press
    Go on youtube and look up mark rippetoe overhead press and power clean. Or type in powerclean form and you're bound to find one. That's one of the great things of youtube. Although some people have some **** form, so watch out for what you decide to take in.

There is a book called Starting Strength. It costs about $25-30 bucks on Amazon, and that is where the routine is from. Its worth every penny and no explanation of the lifts is more detailed. I highly recommend getting the book. I own it myself and will always consider it a highly valuable training tool.

il be eating my lean chicken 3 times daily my eggs 2 timeas daily and my fruits 2 times daily aswell =)
    Lol. You'll get sick of chicken fast. I know from experience. Find ways to flavor it up and that will help. And I still don't see veggies in your food plan. Broccoli, spinach, asparagus, etc... Eat.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Photos

theres only one thing i hate in this world and sadly it had to be veggies i cant eat em they taste so bad to me maybe some v8 fusion with the veggies in it could replace it?

Banned
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

No.

Banned
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Find a way to spice your veggies up. Add butter or eat them with other foods. Like eggs and spinach with cheese. You get your veggies and your protein and it tastes ****ing awesome.

Especially if you cook some bacon and crunch it into pieces and then cook it all together with the bacon in it. Bacon makes everything taste better.