MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Default Collar Bone Area help

Hey everyone, I've been working out for about 4 months and I have seen quite a bit of results when I go to the gym. Now even though I relatively new to working out I have done some research.

Every week I spend a good 1-2 hours working out the chest with a lot of sets. My chest is getting big but my collar bone doesn't seem to be affected. I know my collar bone isn't part of my chest but its in my upper chest.

What workouts should I do to make my collar bone "not" show.
    I've read that incline helps your upper chest but not quite to sure if it does or if any other workout will help me out.

Thanks in advance

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Other
    • Photos

Doing one chest exercise will work the entire muscle, the muscle generates tension across it's entire length so separating upper and lower is nonsense. If anything the fibres run in slightly different directions, clavicular and sternal so slight variations will help the muscle pull in these directions but it is nonsense to think muscles can be worked upper and lower. There is no such thing as upper and lower chest or upper and lower abs etc etc

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Alright so just about any chest workout will work the whole part out? I'll do more chest workouts next time i go to the gym. Thanks giddy.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by giddy View Post
    Doing one chest exercise will work the entire muscle, the muscle generates tension across it's entire length so separating upper and lower is nonsense. If anything the fibres run in slightly different directions, clavicular and sternal so slight variations will help the muscle pull in these directions but it is nonsense to think muscles can be worked upper and lower. There is no such thing as upper and lower chest or upper and lower abs etc etc
    So you are saying that there isnt a clavical head and a sternal head of the pectoralis major ??? I agree that all "chest" exercises will hit all of the pecs, but as the clavical head and the sternal head are responsible for slightly different actions then how is focusing training on the particular heads impossible ??

To the OP adding more chest exercises is not gonna make them grow more, less is often more when it comes to weight training. What does the rest of your routine look like ?

Carl.
    power level 70,880

Follow my log... Carl1174 Search for the Ideal

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Other
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by carl1174 View Post
    So you are saying that there isnt a clavical head and a sternal head of the pectoralis major ??? I agree that all "chest" exercises will hit all of the pecs, but as the clavical head and the sternal head are responsible for slightly different actions then how is focusing training on the particular heads impossible ??

To the OP adding more chest exercises is not gonna make them grow more, less is often more when it comes to weight training. What does the rest of your routine look like ?

Carl.

I did say there was a clavicular portion and a sternal portion. And these can be pulled in different directions as you also correctly pointed out. I simply stated that you cannot work upper and lower portions in muscles as they all generate tension evenly along it's entire length