MEMBER LOGIN

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Regular Poster
    • Join Date
      May 2009
    • Posts
      324
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      1
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      362
    • Rep Power
      10

    Default superpump 250 and blood pressure

    I googled this topic a bit but could not find as much info as I hoped to. Does anyone know if superpump 250 can cause high blood pressure? Right now my blood pressure is normal, but could the superpump mess with it? And if it could, would it just be temporary until you stopped taking it?

    And has anyone heard anything about it being bad for your heart or anything like that? Thanks guys....

  2. #2
    Squattatron Squatter's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Feb 2010
    • Posts
      14,211
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      JimGym
    • Training Log
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      10,670,627
    • Rep Power
      106,782

    Default

    I don't know about Superpump specifically, but 1 M.R. is raising my blood pressure. On days I take 1 M.R. my Systolic(Top) # is always in the high 130's, just below 140. On days I do not take 1 M.R. my # is always in the high 120's. I have been tracking this for about 1 month now, taking the readings just before bed, which is 6 hours after taking the 1 M.R.
    My favorite part of lifting is having the opportunity
    Every Rep Matters
    Best Meet Totals:
    Squat: 403 lbs
    Bench: 253 lbs
    Deadlift: 463 lbs
    Totals: 1119 lbs

  3. #3
    Regular Poster
    • Join Date
      May 2009
    • Posts
      324
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      1
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      362
    • Rep Power
      10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
    I don't know about Superpump specifically, but 1 M.R. is raising my blood pressure. On days I take 1 M.R. my Systolic(Top) # is always in the high 130's, just below 140. On days I do not take 1 M.R. my # is always in the high 120's. I have been tracking this for about 1 month now, taking the readings just before bed, which is 6 hours after taking the 1 M.R.
    Thanks man thats interesting. So that would sort of mean that it is just short term right? I am just worried if it would cause me to have high blood pressure when I get older from taking it now as I am 20 years old.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Squattatron Squatter's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Feb 2010
    • Posts
      14,211
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      JimGym
    • Training Log
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      10,670,627
    • Rep Power
      106,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newguy470 View Post
    Thanks man thats interesting. So that would sort of mean that it is just short term right? I am just worried if it would cause me to have high blood pressure when I get older from taking it now as I am 20 years old.

    Thanks
    I would have to say it's temporary since the pressure goes back to normal on non-wo days ( 1 MR is only taken on WO Days) Keep monitoring your blood pressure. Take it at the same time of day every time. If the Systolic gets above 140 consistently you may want to consider discontinuing use.
    My favorite part of lifting is having the opportunity
    Every Rep Matters
    Best Meet Totals:
    Squat: 403 lbs
    Bench: 253 lbs
    Deadlift: 463 lbs
    Totals: 1119 lbs

  5. #5
    Regular Poster
    • Join Date
      May 2009
    • Posts
      324
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      1
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      362
    • Rep Power
      10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
    I would have to say it's temporary since the pressure goes back to normal on non-wo days ( 1 MR is only taken on WO Days) Keep monitoring your blood pressure. Take it at the same time of day every time. If the Systolic gets above 140 consistently you may want to consider discontinuing use.
    Thanks a lot man

  6. #6
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      31,503
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      128,801,008
    • Rep Power
      1,288,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newguy470 View Post
    I googled this topic a bit but could not find as much info as I hoped to. Does anyone know if superpump 250 can cause high blood pressure? Right now my blood pressure is normal, but could the superpump mess with it? And if it could, would it just be temporary until you stopped taking it?

    And has anyone heard anything about it being bad for your heart or anything like that? Thanks guys....
    Taking too much of a NO supplement can increase blood pressure, you could try taking a smaller dose
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - Gemini Fitness Centre

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  7. #7
    Regular Poster
    • Join Date
      May 2009
    • Posts
      324
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      1
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      362
    • Rep Power
      10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Taking too much of a NO supplement can increase blood pressure, you could try taking a smaller dose
    Thanks Doug. Yea I understand that, but what im mostly concerned with is if it will just be temporary while im on the supplement. Thanks Doug

  8. #8
    Frequent Poster Priam's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Apr 2008
    • Posts
      562
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      london
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      7,103
    • Rep Power
      80

    Default

    yes it should only be temporary, but you must remember to cycle the superpump, so take it for a while and then stop.

    I have superpump aswell, I take it 4 times a week, one scoop per workout, except when im doing legs, then I take half a scoop.

    NO is strange in the sense that it is a vasodilator hence BP should drop, yet higher pumps suggests BP rising.....

    don't be too dependant on NO, cycle it....
    GO BIG, OR.... GO HOME

    Apparently, all little miss muffet eats is Whey.

  9. #9
    Seasoned M&S Veteran TheKman's Avatar
    • Join Date
      May 2010
    • Posts
      2,077
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      West Coast
    • Training Log
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      2,377,324
    • Rep Power
      23,788

    Default

    NO products do increase your blood pressure, and if you are talking any sort of blood pressure medicine, take your product to your doctor and have him review it. I had to do that for N.O. Explode and NOS Blast when i took them.

    Current Supps: D-Stunna, Dymatize Whey, XTEND

  10. #10
    Regular Poster
    • Join Date
      May 2009
    • Posts
      324
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      1
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      362
    • Rep Power
      10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priam View Post
    yes it should only be temporary, but you must remember to cycle the superpump, so take it for a while and then stop.

    I have superpump aswell, I take it 4 times a week, one scoop per workout, except when im doing legs, then I take half a scoop.

    NO is strange in the sense that it is a vasodilator hence BP should drop, yet higher pumps suggests BP rising.....

    don't be too dependant on NO, cycle it....
    Sounds good man, thats exactly how I planned on using it. Thanks a lot

  11. #11
    Regular Poster
    • Join Date
      May 2009
    • Posts
      324
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      1
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      362
    • Rep Power
      10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKman View Post
    NO products do increase your blood pressure, and if you are talking any sort of blood pressure medicine, take your product to your doctor and have him review it. I had to do that for N.O. Explode and NOS Blast when i took them.
    Thanks man. Nope, I dont take any medication for blood pressure right now. My BP is normal.

  12. #12
    Just joined M&S hunter81's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2010
    • Posts
      19
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Northwest PA
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default Blood Pressure

    I'm 47 have somewhat Hi BP 140's but since I've been working out and loosing weight its down to mid 120's again. I use 1MR half a scoop and love it. Gives me great workouts and no increase in BP. Easy for me to tell when my BP is high cause I get wicked headaches.

  13. #13
    Frequent Poster Priam's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Apr 2008
    • Posts
      562
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      london
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      7,103
    • Rep Power
      80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKman View Post
    NO products do increase your blood pressure, and if you are talking any sort of blood pressure medicine, take your product to your doctor and have him review it. I had to do that for N.O. Explode and NOS Blast when i took them.
    I was taking NO Shotgun previously, and one time I had to go in a ambulance because I injured myself in the house.
    They paramedics took my BP and ran their usual things that they do, and whist they were taking my BP, I told them I was on nitric oxide, but they didnt seem to concerned, they just basically said its not really worth it lolll
    GO BIG, OR.... GO HOME

    Apparently, all little miss muffet eats is Whey.

  14. #14
    Coming Up The Ranks
    • Join Date
      May 2009
    • Posts
      116
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Kentucky
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      37
    • Rep Power
      6

    Default

    might i add that it isn't necessarily just that NO raises your blood pressure, but even more so, caffeine. Caffeine elevates blood pressure and PWO supps typically have high doses of caffeine in them.

    Any stimulant will typically elevate blood pressure. Caffeine, nicotine, etc.

  15. #15
    Regular Poster
    • Join Date
      May 2009
    • Posts
      324
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      1
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      362
    • Rep Power
      10

    Default

    thanks guys

  16. #16
    Coming Up The Ranks
    • Join Date
      Jun 2009
    • Posts
      150
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      California
    • Photos
    • Reputation
      66
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    I feel like my blood pressure is being increased when I take jack3d.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. High blood pressure...
    By 5kgLifter in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
  2. Blood Pressure
    By turnred71 in forum Over 40s Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 10:05 PM
  3. blood pressure meds
    By 3djedi in forum Over 40s Fitness
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 10:08 PM
  4. High blood pressure!!
    By Rex187 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 11:32 PM
  5. Blood Pressure
    By GunShow in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Follow M&S
Contact Us

Muscle & Strength, LLC
1118 First Street South
Columbia, SC 29209
PH: 1-800-537-9910
Email: click here

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
© Copyright 2013, Muscle & Strength LLC. Images copyright of their respective owners. Contact Us | Affiliate Program | Terms of Use