Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Default Lactic Acid Training For Fat Loss

Have you guys heard of lactic acid training?

You probably have but do you know how effective for fat loss it is?

It's probably one of the greatest exercise style's there is.

The concept is to perform your concentric phase very slow while you do your eccentric phase very fast.

Research has shown that type of tempo basically forces the body to release a huge surge of human growth hormone when your carbohydrate storage is low , and for you guys who don't know that's a very good thing.

The only down side is if you do it for an extended period of time, you will lose your strength, so my rule is to never use if for anymore than 6 weeks.

Anyways...

So how do we use lactic acid training to burn more fat faster while preserving and even building muscle mass?

The first thing you must do is go low carb for a couple of days, 2-3 is good. Then on that 4th day you do your lactic acid training workout.

Then to burn fat even FASTER, eat a high carbohydrate meal as soon as possible after your workout and your body will release IGF-1 like crazy!

That means you will actually build muscle while burning fat even faster. Obviously you wont build POUNDS of muscle but about 1-2 pounds in 4 weeks, which is a lot better than nothing.

Try this lactic acid workout and tell me how it works

A1) Pull Ups 3 Sets Of 10 On A 4-0-1 Tempo

A2) Prisoner Squat 3 Sets Of 20 On A 1-0-4 Tempo

A3) Pushups 3 Sets Of 25 On A 1-0-4 Tempo

A4) Pistols 3 Sets Of 8 Each Leg On A 1-0-4 Tempo

A5) Inverted Rows 3 Sets Of 15 On A 4-0-1 Tempo

A6) Bulgarian Split Squat 3 Sets Of 15 Each Leg On A 1-0-4 Tempo

Announcement!

With the FIFA World Cup Here, I created a 2 week fat loss program designed for "soccer fanatics" or people who just want to burn fat while playing soccer every other day.

I'm giving the program away for free who sign up at my site **Link Deleted**

When you sign up, not only will you get the program but you will also get the direct download to my free report "top 10 fat loss mistakes and how to fix them" and get your free bodyweight physique newsletter all for free.

Everything is FREE so go sign up now! At

**Link deleted**
    Last edited by Doug; 06-14-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Why sign up, since you've posted the same info twice now, about being able to get the direct download to my free report "top 10 fat loss mistakes and how to fix them" why don't you just post that info here? and now? instead of directing people elsewhere to get it

Just sayin'...'cos you're spending time asking us to go elsewhere when you could spend the same time giving out the info in question
    1-Finger Deadlift, 1RM: 80.3lbs/36.5kg

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

im wondering if this is some guy advertising or not.. hm..
    Pain for Pleasure**

Quote Originally Posted by EliLewis View Post
    im wondering if this is some guy advertising or not.. hm..
    ding ding ding. We have a winner!
    Check out my article page!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/authors/nick-ludlow

"Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates
    https://www.facebook.com/nickludlow91

Follow my lifting log!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/76483-LD-s-Journey-to-Beastdom

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Other
    • Photos

another great form of lactic acid training:
    take half of your 1RM for squat. Do 30 sets of 2 with under 30 seconds of rest between sets. Crazy burn.
    "above all things if kindness is your king, then heaven will be yours before you meet your end" -Dave Matthews

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Hey guys

Well the point is to get people who like my posts to sign up for the newsletter and get that free report. That's why I say everything is free because it is lol, I'm sorry if it sounds like an advertisement but it's not.

I'm just promoting my newsletter in this forum because here is where a lot of people want to learn how to burn fat for an improved body composition.

All I do is give you guys great content and add at the end to sign up to remind you guys.

I mean if you don't like the stuff I write then tell me and if you want me to post those top 10 fat loss mistakes, I will maybe like 4-5 of them because I still want people to have something fast when they sign up unless you guys ask for all 10.

I mean, do you guys like what I've written so far?

Because if you have, that's good enough for me because I all i want to do is help. The thing you guys call "ads" is just a newsletter so you can get more help more frequently.

It's just a part of my business. My business to help people burn fat. If you want to be a part of it, then sign up if not then don't.

If you don't then that's cool.

If you do, thanks for signing up and you won't be disappointed.

With that said and done, thanks for your time.

M&S Elite Member
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

No, you're wasting your time, my time, and space on this forum with your spam. Elsewhere please.

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

No, please.. no.

BanHammer anyone?
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

Größte Mutter im Zimmer Abaddon's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by dodgybob View Post
    No, you're wasting your time, my time, and space on this forum with your spam. Elsewhere please.
    Yeah! Bugger off!

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Danavir View Post
    Hey guys

Well the point is to get people who like my posts to sign up for the newsletter and get that free report. That's why I say everything is free because it is lol, I'm sorry if it sounds like an advertisement but it's not.

I'm just promoting my newsletter in this forum because here is where a lot of people want to learn how to burn fat for an improved body composition.

All I do is give you guys great content and add at the end to sign up to remind you guys.

I mean if you don't like the stuff I write then tell me and if you want me to post those top 10 fat loss mistakes, I will maybe like 4-5 of them because I still want people to have something fast when they sign up unless you guys ask for all 10.

I mean, do you guys like what I've written so far?

Because if you have, that's good enough for me because I all i want to do is help. The thing you guys call "ads" is just a newsletter so you can get more help more frequently.

It's just a part of my business. My business to help people burn fat. If you want to be a part of it, then sign up if not then don't.

If you don't then that's cool.

If you do, thanks for signing up and you won't be disappointed.

With that said and done, thanks for your time.
    Sooooooooooo, you spent the entire post informing us you MIGHT share 4-5 instead of actually doing so ....yeah right!

Coming Up The Ranks TheMightyStu's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Actually studies show that a high carb meal after Lactate acid training will pretty efficiently slow, or even stop fat oxidation. This has been written about pretty extensively by actually well respected coaches (poliquin, Klemzewski etc),... so thanks, but not really.

S
    WNBF & USBF Natural Pro

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyStu View Post
    Actually studies show that a high carb meal after Lactate acid training will pretty efficiently slow, or even stop fat oxidation. This has been written about pretty extensively by actually well respected coaches (poliquin, Klemzewski etc),... so thanks, but not really.

S

Lactate acid training? Heh, sign me up!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

It's not about the fat oxidation.

It's about the hormonal response because of the IGF-1 Hormone, the hormone that is basically responsible for muscle building other than testosterone.

And muscle equals your metabolism...

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

It's about the hormonal response because of the IGF-1 Hormone, the hormone that is basically responsible for muscle building other than testosterone.

I guess the "I might post 4-5 of them" was really meant to say "I won't post anything"...

...Are you aware this is the 3rd post in this thread that you've posted nothing in!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Ok, I'm a little confused. Are you guys mad that I'm promoting my newsletter or not telling you straight up what are those ten mistakes?

I never said I would never say, them you guys are just assuming.

All you guys had to say that you don't like my articles and would rather just know the ten mistakes...

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Ok, I'm a little confused. Are you guys mad that I'm promoting my newsletter or not telling you straight up what are those ten mistakes?

I never said I would never say, them you guys are just assuming.

All you guys had to say that you don't like my articles and would rather just know the ten mistakes...
    Mad, No Astounded, Yes

Apart from the fact that you just keep saying about the so-called 10 mistakes and never post anything relating to them...I seriously doubt there is anything NEW in the info you will post about the 10 top mistakes about weight loss anyway; since it's all been said before in every other article you'll ever find on the internet

Has it just not dawned on you at all, that you keep mentioning but never do anything...which is hilarious if anything

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Yes, muscle = metabolism, which is why hypertrophy based training is best maintained during a cut. You, however, specifically said 'fat burning'. Believe me, I'm pretty well versed in cutting my bodyfat to insanely low levels, you don't have to quote the latest stuff you read in a magazine to me.

S
    WNBF & USBF Natural Pro

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Yes, your right hypertrophy based training is what best maintains muscle. I don't think you've noticed about the hormonal response, which I repeat produces more growth hormone than a regular hypertrophy based workout which greatly helps maintain muscle and a high carb meal right after it will produce IGF-1 which maintains and can actually help build muscle, maybe not for every single person but for a lot of people it will.

Yes I did say fat burning again because of the hormonal responses because it's been shown that higher levels of GH and IGF-1 helps fat burning despite of a high carb meal, which is needed to accelerate IGF-1 production.

In other words, the lactic acid training will maintain your muscle mass, but not over a long period of time, that's why I said no more than 6 weeks and it helps burn fat because of the calories burnt during the workout, the EPOC, and effects of GH and IGF-1 on the body other than their effect on muscle mass.

I'm not quoting anything from a magazine.

And that's great that you know how to cut your bodyfat to low levels. That means that you don't need this advice, but not everyone is like you. Lactic acid training is just an alternative to regular "cutting", doesn't mean it's the best thing their is. It's backed by research to produce positive hormonal effects on the body, which is much more important for fat loss than just fat oxidation, which still matters but in this case doesn't mean much because that's not what were looking for specifically.

Mind you, I don't like to "cut" like a bodybuilder so I give advice that's inspired by bodybuilder cutting but not the same thing. As you can ask a lot of people here, most probably don't know what lactic acid training is and if they do, they probably don't use it to cut...

@5kglifter: Your right, what I have on the report is not exactly "new" but does that mean that everyone knows about it? Nope...

There are many articles in the internet that talk about fat loss and stuff, but that doesn't mean everyone knows about it.

That's why this is a "cutting"/fat loss forum, because either people need help. You could say that this is just another forum too :P, but it's not because I've seen other posts and many of guys know what your doing, I'm trying to just help the ones that don't.

And just if your wondering, the info i have in that report doesn't just come from every article out in the internet.

Take a look at it and find out.

And alright guys, ill just give you the report right here, right now.

**Link deleted**

Tell me if you like it or not!
    Last edited by Doug; 06-14-2010 at 03:37 PM.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Hahaha, did it again huh?

Anyway, not interested personally, I read a Top 10 mistakes by Tom Venuto, very good articles by him.

Others might be interested, but no interest here

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

"since high intensity cardio obviously can’t be done for long periods of time and can’t be done as frequently, it was deemed too short to have any real positive effect on body composition."

Really?! It was deemed too short to have any positive effect? (by who exactly?) Just the fact that you're exercising intensely will create more of a caloric burn than a lower intensity workload. Where the hell are you getting your info? This is the most ridiculous paper I've ever seen, which makes me think you took a few tidbits from other sites' articles, misinterpreted them, and are trying to pass them off as an amazing new E-Book -lol.

"replace all of your steady state cardio with HIIT and watch your fat melt right off."

If you did that, assuming that like most people you're doing very frequent sessions of low intensity work, you're guaranteed to lose lean muscle tissue.

"Replace bench presses with pushups"

The majority of people will not benefit from pushups aside from building some endurance. A free weight compound exercise that provides sufficient workload to stress the white muscle fibers is the surest way to create a metabolic effect, retain muscle mass, and stimulate EPOC.

"You must exercise 7 days a week."

And end up in a metabolic hole. I can't tell you how many competitors I know who actually BACK OFF on their volume when dieting so that their body doesn't get run down and actually slow it's metabolic processes from the stress levels.

"Your diet must consist of mainly vegetables, fruits, and raw nuts."

While nuts will provide excellent sources of healthy fats, and even some fiber, they are extremely calorically dense, and for most people should be avoided in diets, aside from a handful of nuts here and there for the nutritional benefit. Never as a cornerstone of daily intake. Vegetables are good, but fruit is one of those double edged swords, and advising it as the main component of a diet that is supposed to shed fat and preserve muscle is just uninformed.

"The pre-workout meal is what will supply most of your energy for the workout. An important meal if you want to bring 100% of your effort to your workout.
    For your pre-workout meal, I have found that one serving of almonds really gets the job done"

If indeed you believed that, you wouldn't be suggesting something like almonds before training. The whole premise behind the pre-workout meals, as followed by top level coaches is to set up the hormonal profiles in the trainer's body so that the training session is more productive. Easy to digest carbs, maybe some BCAAs or whey, creatine, glycerol or citruline mallate for the osmotic benefit... c'mon man, this is getting silly!

"One example of a good post workout meal is brown rice, red beans, a small portion of pasta and either milk or water for a drink."

Haven't you heard of fast digesting carbs and the 'magic 20 minutes window'? -lol Brown Rice? Red Beans? Fiber will definitely be slow to absorb from the digestive tract.

Bro, seriously, most people on this site have a better idea what they're doing than you're giving them credit for,.. how bout you stop hawking your e-book here?

S
    WNBF & USBF Natural Pro

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

@5kglifter: Yea I read that article too and many others by him too. Real great stuff, truly one of the best. I even has his burn the fat, feed the muscle ebook too :P

@themightystu: You have to understand that the report was targeted to people who still follow the "do 30 minutes of cardio every day" type of mentality. Not for people with years of experience.

That's why I wrote it as it is. I'm not saying that high intensity cardio can't be done for long periods of time. The whole point was to explain that there are people who think that low intensity is better because a greater percentage of calories is burned from fat unlike high intensity cardio. Try reading that more carefully.

That about the pushups... You really don't have respect for bodyweight exercises... and again read the explanation... compound exercises that require your body to move in space than just staying stationary activated the CNS much better and it just so happens that bodyweight exercises does both while some weight bearing exercises don't like bench press (because your body is stationary and your moving your arms). And yes you can increase your muscular endurance doing pushups but if your just one of those people who think that 500 pushups a day is going to work, then you won't see good results. that why there are so many variations of bodyweight exercises, or are you going to tell me that pistols, one handed pushups, split squats, and clap pushups are all endurance exercises??? Bodyweight exercises have the same and sometimes a better effects than some weight bearing exercises. The magic word is some... because obviously doing things like dumbell forward lunges and barbell squats will do better than their bodyweight counterparts. Bodyweight exercises just fits the two criteria while isolation and stuff like bench presses don't. Variations of pushups do just as well as bench press.

I said exercise 7 days a week. Not workout 7 days a week. Big difference. Again read what it says... it says to exercise 7 days a week and be active. That doesn't mean pumping iron every day. Walking and playing sports counts as being active.

It's true that nuts are calorie dense, but their necessary because they are plain healthier than most stuff people eat today and are high in good fats and protein, which in a diet where you mostly eat vegetables and fruit is really needed. Fruit is good, when was the last time you here someone say they got fat because of fruit? Fruit will not hurt your progress and will keep you healthy. They are low in calories and high in fiber. Yes they are high in sugars but that's fruit sugars. They are good for you and necessary if you want to stay healthy. Unless your trying to get down to like 5% bodyfat, there is really no need to cut them from your diet or even reduce. If there is, your doing something else wrong.

The reason I say that almonds are a good pre-workout snack/meal is because they provide protein and enough carbs for a workout without you feeling as if you haven't eaten in hours or days. You can go high carb and theirs nothing wrong with that. I don't say to not do that. I just found that almonds they do a good job in giving people the energy to workout at 100%. Of course if your an athlete doing workouts that most regular people can't do then yes fast acting carbs works perfectly.

First of all that magic window last for one hour right after exercise and your body continues to suck up nutrients for hours after exercise, just not as well as that one hour window.

Brown rice and beans are high in carbs and yea the fiber slows it down but it doesn't make carb absorption plummet. Your insulin response will still be high and anyways you need both fast absorbing and slow absorbing carbs and protein after your workouts. A reason why milk works so well if you didn't know.

And if you must know, I try to learn from some of the top minds like tom venuto,nick nilsson, jeff anderson, vince delmonte, craig ballantyne, jason ferrugia, alwyn cosgrove, Dr. John Berardi, Joel Marion, John Romaniello, Elliot Hulse, Scott Sonnon, Charles Staley, and many others...

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

That's why I wrote it as it is. I'm not saying that high intensity cardio can't be done for long periods of time. The whole point was to explain that there are people who think that low intensity is better because a greater percentage of calories is burned from fat unlike high intensity cardio. Try reading that more carefully.

Read Dr. Lonnie Lowery,.. There is not such thing as a fat burning zone, it's all a load of bunk. Yes, lower intensity exercise frees up a good deal of fatty acids, but at a certain point (20-30 mins) the drop of of the rate of oxidation is staggering, and the body basically restores most of the freed up fats.

That about the pushups... You really don't have respect for bodyweight exercises... and again read the explanation... compound exercises that require your body to move in space than just staying stationary activated the CNS much better and it just so happens that bodyweight exercises does both while some weight bearing exercises don't like bench press (because your body is stationary and your moving your arms). And yes you can increase your muscular endurance doing pushups but if your just one of those people who think that 500 pushups a day is going to work, then you won't see good results. that why there are so many variations of bodyweight exercises, or are you going to tell me that pistols, one handed pushups, split squats, and clap pushups are all endurance exercises??? Bodyweight exercises have the same and sometimes a better effects than some weight bearing exercises. The magic word is some... because obviously doing things like dumbell forward lunges and barbell squats will do better than their bodyweight counterparts. Bodyweight exercises just fits the two criteria while isolation and stuff like bench presses don't. Variations of pushups do just as well as bench press.

Great, you read an article or two that mentions "CNS activation", this seems to be the big buzz word amongst young kids who read too much over the last year or so (if I hear another kid talk about overtaxing his CNS, I think I'll throw up). There are no studies that show movement of the body in space activates the CNS any more than an explosive compound weight movement. And as far as pistols, split squats and the like,.. most coaches have come to realize that by focusing so much on core training, the actual muscle fiber recruitment in target muscles is LESS (and don't start on more caloric burn, because by stimulating less muscle, you're missing out on creating metabolic acceleration)

I said exercise 7 days a week. Not workout 7 days a week. Big difference. Again read what it says... it says to exercise 7 days a week and be active. That doesn't mean pumping iron every day. Walking and playing sports counts as being active.

Wow, that's a secret to burning fat? Thanks Coach -lol

It's true that nuts are calorie dense, but their necessary because they are plain healthier than most stuff people eat today and are high in good fats and protein, which in a diet where you mostly eat vegetables and fruit is really needed. Fruit is good, when was the last time you here someone say they got fat because of fruit? Fruit will not hurt your progress and will keep you healthy. They are low in calories and high in fiber. Yes they are high in sugars but that's fruit sugars. They are good for you and necessary if you want to stay healthy. Unless your trying to get down to like 5% bodyfat, there is really no need to cut them from your diet or even reduce. If there is, your doing something else wrong.

Uh,.. some fruit can be pretty calorically dense, and just the fact that certain fruits can cause such a hormonal shift, and have a negative effect on other foods ingested with it,... well, yes, you can get fat by including fruit. It's not a simple piece of advice, and without explanations, or delving into nutrient timing (when fruit can be acceptable), you're not really being helpful... and fruit sugars will spike insulin just as quickly as a piece of candy will. If you think that's untrue, than you really are as ill informed as I believe you are.

The reason I say that almonds are a good pre-workout snack/meal is because they provide protein and enough carbs for a workout without you feeling as if you haven't eaten in hours or days. You can go high carb and theirs nothing wrong with that. I don't say to not do that. I just found that almonds they do a good job in giving people the energy to workout at 100%. Of course if your an athlete doing workouts that most regular people can't do then yes fast acting carbs works perfectly.

Enough carbs for a workout in a handful of almonds? You must have some seriously hardcore training sessions my friend.

First of all that magic window last for one hour right after exercise and your body continues to suck up nutrients for hours after exercise, just not as well as that one hour window.

Actually, it lasts longer than an hour, but the 20 minute figure has be brandied about for years now, and as cortisol continues to rise after a training session, and testosterone levels drop, the quickest way to reverse the trend is by spiking insulin,.. which is usually something you want to accomplish ASAP.

Brown rice and beans are high in carbs and yea the fiber slows it down but it doesn't make carb absorption plummet. Your insulin response will still be high and anyways you need both fast absorbing and slow absorbing carbs and protein after your workouts. A reason why milk works so well if you didn't know.

Actually, milk works well because it's typically high in sugar, and anytime you combine macros, you slow absorption. If you're recommending milk, throw some whey powder in there (fast protein source to accompany the sugars), not beans and rice which will slow everything down!

And if you must know, I try to learn from some of the top minds like tom venuto,nick nilsson, jeff anderson, vince delmonte, craig ballantyne, jason ferrugia, alwyn cosgrove, Dr. John Berardi, Joel Marion, John Romaniello, Elliot Hulse, Scott Sonnon, Charles Staley, and many others...

And if you must know, I know some of those guys personally,.. just chatted with ROmaniello last week about my recent contest wins, have trained with Thibaudeau.... seriously bro, there are a hell of a lot of people who read articles by those guys, but still don't quite get it... maybe you should focus less on looking like a coach (or fitness-gimick guy), and try to actually understand what's being studied and discussed.

S
    WNBF & USBF Natural Pro

Größte Mutter im Zimmer Abaddon's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Lol

M&S Elite Member
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Rep+ Stu. Schooled.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Read Dr. Lonnie Lowery,.. There is not such thing as a fat burning zone, it's all a load of bunk. Yes, lower intensity exercise frees up a good deal of fatty acids, but at a certain point (20-30 mins) the drop of of the rate of oxidation is staggering, and the body basically restores most of the freed up fats.

Yea I know that... that's what I said 0.0

Great, you read an article or two that mentions "CNS activation", this seems to be the big buzz word amongst young kids who read too much over the last year or so (if I hear another kid talk about overtaxing his CNS, I think I'll throw up). There are no studies that show movement of the body in space activates the CNS any more than an explosive compound weight movement. And as far as pistols, split squats and the like,.. most coaches have come to realize that by focusing so much on core training, the actual muscle fiber recruitment in target muscles is LESS (and don't start on more caloric burn, because by stimulating less muscle, you're missing out on creating metabolic acceleration)

Yes there are studies on that and those same studies were used to explain their theories why gymnasts get so "ripped" and "big".
    so basically your saying bodyweight training is basically useless to build muscle even though people like herschel walker and thousands before him used only bodyweight exercises for the most part.
    Yea weight bearing exercises build more muscle and strength much better than weight exercises, obviously... but that doesn't mean that bodyweight exercises are that far away from the spectrum. Heck they have even said that one handed pushups and pistols are the bodyweight equivalent to heavy bench presses and heavy squats used by powerlifters.

Wow, that's a secret to burning fat? Thanks Coach -lol

I know that's not a secret to burning fat, but you would be surprised how a good percentage of the general population don't know this because of all the info in the internet.

Uh,.. some fruit can be pretty calorically dense, and just the fact that certain fruits can cause such a hormonal shift, and have a negative effect on other foods ingested with it,... well, yes, you can get fat by including fruit. It's not a simple piece of advice, and without explanations, or delving into nutrient timing (when fruit can be acceptable), you're not really being helpful... and fruit sugars will spike insulin just as quickly as a piece of candy will. If you think that's untrue, than you really are as ill informed as I believe you are.

Well unless your devouring like 10 pieces of fruit at midnight, you don't have to get scared of getting fat from them.

And again, just really take out all that stuff. I know that you understand that despite everything, you can't deny that fruits are some of the healthiest foods in the world and if you really need to cut them from your diet, then your REALLY doing something wrong... unless your trying to get sub 10% BF or for some sub 8%. Think craig ballantyne lol

Enough carbs for a workout in a handful of almonds? You must have some seriously hardcore training sessions my friend.

Almonds fill you up quick and filled with protein and healthy fat with a good amount of carbs and like you said, calorie dense. That's more than enough... alright alright maybe 2 handfuls... lol... and anyways I got this tip from reading up on jason ferruggia who eats fruits and stuff before a workout. I just eat almonds and they give me all the energy i need.

Actually, it lasts longer than an hour, but the 20 minute figure has be brandied about for years now, and as cortisol continues to rise after a training session, and testosterone levels drop, the quickest way to reverse the trend is by spiking insulin,.. which is usually something you want to accomplish ASAP.

Yea I know, but if you miss it that doesn't mean you should just drop it. Yea cortisol still rises and testosterone drops but your body still handles carbs better than in other parts of the day, so as long as you eat your post workout meal then your good, unless you eat it like 5 hours later and with no carbs. But yea, the 20 minute figure is true, that's my mistake for not writing it in the report.

Actually, milk works well because it's typically high in sugar, and anytime you combine macros, you slow absorption. If you're recommending milk, throw some whey powder in there (fast protein source to accompany the sugars), not beans and rice which will slow everything down!

Whey powder would make it better but I would rather people stay away from supplements because you don't need them, especially just to burn fat unless your going sub 10%, yea it makes everything easier and faster with them, but you don't need them.

And the reason I put beans and rice is because that's what I eat (im a vegetarian) and it works perfectly for me and has for some of my buddies.

And if you must know, I know some of those guys personally,.. just chatted with ROmaniello last week about my recent contest wins, have trained with Thibaudeau.... seriously bro, there are a hell of a lot of people who read articles by those guys, but still don't quite get it... maybe you should focus less on looking like a coach (or fitness-gimick guy), and try to actually understand what's being studied and discussed.

I do try to understand everything that's being studied and discussed. I'm always trying to learn more and I enjoy it too.

I'm always learning and seeing what works best. I'm not going to lie but I do believe I know more than the general population and that's who the report was targeted to. It was meant to help people, not challenge everything that's out there lol.

I am a student and will always will be and as I go along I will always try to help other people. I might make mistakes but that's life. I do have to say it's my fault for not checking out the "maturity" level of this forum, and after this talk I really have respect for you and everyone else in here.