MEMBER LOGIN

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Photos

Question Cutting weight for wrestling and the best foods to eat?

Hi guys it's been a long time since I've come online but I am in need of massive help with the food I eat while I am cutting just a few pounds.

Since the beginning of the season I weighed in at 112 pounds. Slowly, it has been gradually decreasing and now I am at 106-108 pounds. I will be wrestling at 103 pounds and I wanted to know what are the best foods to eat keep my weight low and my stomach happy?

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by cradle2dagrave View Post
    Hi guys it's been a long time since I've come online but I am in need of massive help with the food I eat while I am cutting just a few pounds.

Since the beginning of the season I weighed in at 112 pounds. Slowly, it has been gradually decreasing and now I am at 106-108 pounds. I will be wrestling at 103 pounds and I wanted to know what are the best foods to eat keep my weight low and my stomach happy?
    Good work so far man,
    Keeping yourself full when cutting can be tough - especially if you choose to eat the wrong foods. In order to retain a calorie deficit and kill that craving, eat high fiber foods! These kinds of foods slow digestion and make you feel fuller for longer. Eating whole foods - especially vegetables will give the most bang for your buck.

Some key foods that I like to eat more of when cutting are:
    Fiber One (stupidly high amount of fiber)
    Broccoli (one the best foods out there)
    Cucumber, peppers, celery (lots of material for low calories)
    This link has a variety of generally healthy foods.

I also grab a handful of nuts when I'm really craving food - the fat is slower to digest and holds me over until my next meal. Make sure that you're factoring on the fat content from the nuts into your macro nutrient ratio and aren't upping your daily caloric intake too much.

Stay away from high G.I. foods (fruit, refined sugars, anything "white"), you'll spike your insulin levels, and be hungry quickly after consuming these foods. Minimize the intake of these foods - better yet, replace them with the high fiber foods.

Whatever you do do not cut carbs! It may be tempting, but you need them as fuel. If you chop them out, you;re body will eventually go in fat storage mode and you'll be in a worse position then when you started. Keep your diet in check, your macro nutrients balanced and your mind on track. Consistency is king.
    Age: 21 | Height: 71 Inches | Weight: 192 lbs | bf% ~10.8 Cycle: Functional Training