MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Default Protein and Constipation

Ever since I changed my diet to start eating healthier, I've had problems with
    constipation, I know for almost a fact it's from taking in so much protein, especially from whey protein drinks . Im 199lbs and aim for 1 grm of protein per pound, this has me drinking about 3 drinks per day. I also get lots of fiber about 25g - 30g a day. What should my solution be.
    Lately i've been trying to get more protein through food and not to really of whey protein shakes so much
    One more quick thing about how many carbs should I be taking in when ingesting this much protein, Im trying to cut fat right now, aiming at 2500 cals a day? (I know this is a very brawd)
    Thanks

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Yo man I have the same problem. Ever since I started on this diet I sometimes find myself not going for a few days stretch. If you ever find yourself bloated, just take a teaspoon of ginger and lemon juice right after eating, helps loosen you up. Also, I have this All-Bran Extra Fiber cereal in the morning, coupled with brown rice, and that blocks you up alot (bran, rice, bananas, broccoli, etc.) But I also read that you get constipation and IBS if your body is adjusting to a new diet, which it is. But give it time man, it'll work itself out.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

The constipaton will be because you have changed the diet, make sure that you drink plenty of water, approx 3 litres (5pts) or more per day....and make sure that you are getting enough fiber per day..
    Last edited by Doug; 12-04-2008 at 05:35 AM.
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - Gemini Fitness Centre

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Dream(body)Theater View Post
    Ever since I changed my diet to start eating healthier, I've had problems with
    constipation, I know for almost a fact it's from taking in so much protein, especially from whey protein drinks . Im 199lbs and aim for 1 grm of protein per pound, this has me drinking about 3 drinks per day. I also get lots of fiber about 25g - 30g a day. What should my solution be.
    Lately i've been trying to get more protein through food and not to really of whey protein shakes so much
    One more quick thing about how many carbs should I be taking in when ingesting this much protein, Im trying to cut fat right now, aiming at 2500 cals a day? (I know this is a very brawd)
    Thanks
    Im not sure if the protein is the problem, I take in 2g per lb of bodyweight (approx) but I do get alot of fibre in my diet & drink alot of water (check out Danny's bulking diet thread), also a suggestion, try aloe vera drink, it works great for the digestive system, try to have 1 cup a day.

I never had consipation with diet change, but because of my diet people said ill become iron deficient, so I got some iron deficency pills, took one & I was constipated for three days, never again haha...does anyone know the reason why??
    HEY! Do You Need a Great Ab Workout? Try My Personal Routine its Like Doing Crunches in an ELECTRICAL STORM!!! Your Abs Will be Made of Lightning !!!REAL LIGHTNING!!!
    Or Maybe You Seek More Knowledge? Check in & Post Regularly & Eventually You'll be as Smart as DOUG! You'll Type as Fast as DOUG! Members Will See Your Rep & Post Count & Think You are DOUG! You'll Have Debates in Threads With the Actual DOUG! Until the Time Comes That we Get sick of You & Deport you Back to !!!DOUGLAND!!!
    Remember Here at Muscle & Strength We are 100% NATURAL!!! So if You Want to Discuss illegal & Banned Substances We Will All Say F@$K YOU! and Kick You in the Face With our !!!ENERGY LEGS!!!

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDspec View Post
    I was constipated for three days, never again haha...does anyone know the reason why??
    I remember reading somewhere online, iron as a metal, can carry either an electric or magnetic charge. This "charge" can affect the nerves and muscles of the bowel, in a small number of people..or perhaps it was just something you eat..lol
    Last edited by Doug; 12-04-2008 at 05:56 AM.
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - Gemini Fitness Centre

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"