MEMBER LOGIN

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Default Vernon Davis Diet

Hey guys, being a 49er fan, I found a Vernon Davis diet thing online. Just figured I would share it with you guys, pretty cool. Vernon Davis is an absolute freak lol...

He's All Shaked Up

A taste for NFL-approved EAS supplements helps give Davis 4,000 calories a day

Davis added healthy supplements to a meal plan built around lean proteins and good fats. He says that during an intense workout phase the supplements, designed to minimize tissue breakdown and recovery time, have limited muscle soreness and energized him.

BREAKFAST 7:30 a.m. Three scrambled eggs, six strips turkey bacon, one cup low-fat yogurt, slices of cantaloupe or a handful of strawberries, apple juice. (A half hour after breakfast, he works out for 90 minutes.)

POSTWORKOUT 10 a.m. A 17-ounce Myoplex shake, rich in vitamins and minerals. Davis mixes in a teaspoon of flaxseed oil. Along with nutrition bars, the shakes -- "Creamy and sweet and chalky," says Davis -- replace nutrients lost during workout. 310 Calories, 43 grams protein. 11:30 a.m. Myoplex Deluxe nutrition bar. 340 CALORIES, 30 GRAMS PROTEIN.

LUNCH 1 p.m. Baked chicken breast or spaghetti with two turkey meatballs and tomato sauce, grilled green beans, two slices wheat bread.

PREWORKOUT NO. 2, 2 p.m. Phosphogen Elite supplement powder mixed with juice or water. This is a creatine monohydrate that increases lean body mass. 240 CALORIES. (Right after he begins a 90-minute workout.)

POSTWORKOUT NO. 2, 4 p.m. A 17-ounce Myoplex shake, with flaxseed oil. Also, Muscle Armor, a supplement powder mixed with 12 to 14 ounces of water. 120 CALORIES.

DINNER 7:30 p.m. A 96% lean beef burger on wheat bun, or spaghetti marinara, or a chicken Caesar salad. Grilled broccoli. Dessert is a few slices of watermelon or a Myoplex Deluxe bar.

**Link Deleted**
    Last edited by Doug; 08-28-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Advertising

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by newguy470 View Post
    Hey guys, being a 49er fan, I found a Vernon Davis diet thing online. Just figured I would share it with you guys, pretty cool. Vernon Davis is an absolute freak lol...
    With the help of some supplements

A taste for NFL-approved EAS supplements helps give Davis 4,000 calories a day
    NFL approved supplements normally means they get the supplements free of charge and EAS provides the NFL with a lot of money

Davis added healthy supplements to a meal plan built around lean proteins and good fats. He says that during an intense workout phase the supplements, designed to minimize tissue breakdown and recovery time, have limited muscle soreness and energized him.
    The supplements have no advantage over normal foods, and I dont know how he says "energized him" as EAS Myoplex has limited carbohydrates

BREAKFAST 7:30 a.m. Three scrambled eggs, six strips turkey bacon, one cup low-fat yogurt, slices of cantaloupe or a handful of strawberries, apple juice. (A half hour after breakfast, he works out for 90 minutes.)
    If this is a pre-workout meal then fats should be limited if training 30 mins later, the time for digestion would be longer, so the nutrients wouldnt be available for the workout. Which would mean the body would rely on its amino acid pool for energy (muscle loss)

POSTWORKOUT 10 a.m. A 17-ounce Myoplex shake, rich in vitamins and minerals. Davis mixes in a teaspoon of flaxseed oil. Along with nutrition bars, the shakes -- "Creamy and sweet and chalky," says Davis -- replace nutrients lost during workout. 310 Calories, 43 grams protein. 11:30 a.m. Myoplex Deluxe nutrition bar. 340 CALORIES, 30 GRAMS PROTEIN.
    No fat should be taken post workout, this limits digestion as said above ^
    Not enough carbs to create a big enough release of insulin for protein/glycogen resynthesis.

POSTWORKOUT NO. 2, 4 p.m. A 17-ounce Myoplex shake, with flaxseed oil. Also, Muscle Armor, a supplement powder mixed with 12 to 14 ounces of water. 120 CALORIES
    Flaxseed oil post workout will delay the digestion, again limited carbs
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - Gemini Fitness Centre

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

when I first saw this I thought it was spam.
    Side effects may include; weight gain, increased appetite, increased sex appeal, huge arms, massive strength, XXL t-shirts, self confidence, low fat diet, sexy pectorals, sheer ballsiness, and penile growth. If muscle growth persists for more then four hours, consult a mirror.

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Default ha

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newguy470 View Post
    With the help of some supplements

ha I wouldnt doubt it doug... some of these guys are very questionable....