MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Photos

Default exercises to work the outside of the chest

i've been doing d4ds now for a month. i'm seeing some good results across my whole body and am happy with my progress.

the one place i've seen little to no growth is the lower outside quadrant of my chest. it's probably the flabbiest part of my chest so the muscle may be hiding there.

are there any exercises that specifically targets this area?

thanks for all the help.

BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by sandynorval View Post
    i've been doing d4ds now for a month. i'm seeing some good results across my whole body and am happy with my progress.

the one place i've seen little to no growth is the lower outside quadrant of my chest. it's probably the flabbiest part of my chest so the muscle may be hiding there.

are there any exercises that specifically targets this area?

thanks for all the help.
    There is no exercise that will just work the "lower outside quadrant" of the pec. The exercises in D4DS should be fine.

Your pectoral muscle fibers originate in three different places: the collarbone, the sternum, and the cartilage of several ribs near the sternum. The fibers all attach to the humerous, but they are interwoven so that the fibers that start at the bottom of the chest attach at a higher point on the humerus than the fibers that start on the top. So all pectoral fibers are worked during most chest exercises. You'll notice that you cannot flex "the lower outside quadrant" of your pec independantly, your whole pec will engage.

So if you have fatty deposits there, they will disappear as you gain more musculature in your pec area. And you'll do that by having the proper form, eating right, and subjecting your pecs to an overload. It doesn't happen over night, but it will happen.

Peace,

Dave
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal
    • Photos

good information, i will work on the mind muscle more and less on an area i can't even work individually. rep +

Coming Up The Ranks JiggedyJoeMoe's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    There is no exercise that will just work the "lower outside quadrant" of the pec. The exercises in D4DS should be fine.

Your pectoral muscle fibers originate in three different places: the collarbone, the sternum, and the cartilage of several ribs near the sternum. The fibers all attach to the humerous, but they are interwoven so that the fibers that start at the bottom of the chest attach at a higher point on the humerus than the fibers that start on the top. So all pectoral fibers are worked during most chest exercises. You'll notice that you cannot flex "the lower outside quadrant" of your pec independantly, your whole pec will engage.

So if you have fatty deposits there, they will disappear as you gain more musculature in your pec area. And you'll do that by having the proper form, eating right, and subjecting your pecs to an overload. It doesn't happen over night, but it will happen.

Peace,

Dave
    damn, he's not just an apparel model, great answer.
    28 years old // 5'8'' // 165 lbs. // BF 10% Bulking

The most intelligent man realizes his wisdom is severely shadowed by his own ignorance.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

if you ask anyone, that is probaly the hardest area to get to. The good ole tit. Were all the fat is when you sit lol (man boob area). Come from like muscletrainerdh said. Gotta cut the fat if you wanna see the muscle.
    The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince. "To believe in the things you can see and touch is no belief at all. But to believe in the unseen is both a triumph and a blessing." -Bob Proctor

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Photos

Default plz help me

hey can you ppl help me.......i started gym two months ago,,,,and now because of studies i left it,,,,and now i want to do exercise in home,,,i just only have a set of dumbells ,,,,wht should i do,,,,plz help me,,,,,i will b very thankfull to you all,.,.,,,,,,,

The Essence of Elegance NicoSuave32's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by hamad View Post
    hey can you ppl help me.......i started gym two months ago,,,,and now because of studies i left it,,,,and now i want to do exercise in home,,,i just only have a set of dumbells ,,,,wht should i do,,,,plz help me,,,,,i will b very thankfull to you all,.,.,,,,,,,
    maybe try this out:
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...e-workout.html
    Current Weight : 204 lbs
    BF%: N/A Goal: Prepping for show this Saturday Nov. 7th

M&S Senior Member nitrokiller123's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post

Peace,

Dave

Now that's an M&S Post right there. great job Dave
    21 yrs old
    6-3"
    188 LBS
    BF% : 15-17% (probably) lol
    Goal: 180 lbs, 12%BF