Thread: Groin pull

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Default Groin pull

About a month ago, I was doing weighted crunches and, according to my doctor, I pulled groin muscle. Now, every time I do anything that involves contracting my abs, I'm in terrible pain. At first, I thought it would only limit my ab workouts, but surprisingly, whenever I bear down to to lat pulldowns, forward lifts or any other host of exercises, the pain nails me.

Anyone else had this? How long did it go on for. My doctor says it may hurt for a total of 2-3 months and I can't believe this is true. I've never in my life had a muscle pull bother me for more than a few days.

(My abs are now a disgrace, by the way)
    Last edited by cuidado; 01-21-2009 at 08:53 PM.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by cuidado View Post
    About a month ago, I was doing weighted crunches and, according to my doctor, I pulled groin muscle. Now, every time I do anything that involves contracting my abs, I'm in terrible pain. At first, I thought it would only limit my ab workouts, but surprisingly, whenever I bear down to to lat pulldowns, forward lifts or any other host of exercises, the pain nails me.

Anyone else had this? How long did it go on for. My doctor says it may hurt for a total of 2-3 months and I can't believe this is true. I've never in my life had a muscle pull bother me for more than a few days.
    I feel for ya bro, a while back I had a sharp pain in the side of my right leg when tensing my abs, but it went away, but this week it came back in my left leg, WTF!

I don't know what it is, I just hope it goes away the same.
    HEY! Do You Need a Great Ab Workout? Try My Personal Routine its Like Doing Crunches in an ELECTRICAL STORM!!! Your Abs Will be Made of Lightning !!!REAL LIGHTNING!!!
    Or Maybe You Seek More Knowledge? Check in & Post Regularly & Eventually You'll be as Smart as DOUG! You'll Type as Fast as DOUG! Members Will See Your Rep & Post Count & Think You are DOUG! You'll Have Debates in Threads With the Actual DOUG! Until the Time Comes That we Get sick of You & Deport you Back to !!!DOUGLAND!!!
    Remember Here at Muscle & Strength We are 100% NATURAL!!! So if You Want to Discuss illegal & Banned Substances We Will All Say F@$K YOU! and Kick You in the Face With our !!!ENERGY LEGS!!!

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDspec View Post
    I feel for ya bro, a while back I had a sharp pain in the side of my right leg when tensing my abs, but it went away, but this week it came back in my left leg, WTF!

I don't know what it is, I just hope it goes away the same.
    So ye like it rough?

My friend pulled his groin in football, he cant do the lower part of the decline crunch.. so he just does more reps at the higher part of the motion.
    Squat 2.1x BW Squat, 1.75xBW Bench Press, 2.5xBW Deadlift (425/350/500)
    205 lbs @7%

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

Cui- where specifically is your discomfort? Do you feel it when you say sit for a while and then stand? How about lunges? Your responses can enable me to give you an exercise that may reduce your discomfort.

Keep us posted.
    A home gym consisting of Bowflex Power-Pro XTL and power blocks(5-90)

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Photos

Quote Originally Posted by yitmy View Post
    Cui- where specifically is your discomfort? Do you feel it when you say sit for a while and then stand? How about lunges? Your responses can enable me to give you an exercise that may reduce your discomfort.

Keep us posted.
    Thanks for the responses.

yitmy. I'm just now reading this post (a month later). Thanks for your offer to help.

I'm at about 80% right now. I can do basic ab exercises, but certainly no weighted ab exercises. And I can do just about all of my upper body workouts again, except for lat pulldowns and cable crossovers. I still can't believe how long this has lasted.

My pain was basically right above my inguinal crease on the left, along the lower aspect of my rectus muscles. I feel like I'm about a month away from being at full strength.

Seriously: What a big disaster for a training regimen.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Photos

Are you doing any groin stretches with heat? Also the area of discomfort may benefit from a physician look see. It is near many organs and is not a normal area of discomfort.

Again keep us posted.
    A home gym consisting of Bowflex Power-Pro XTL and power blocks(5-90)