Wide Grip Push Ups Video Guide3.8 5 4
- The wide grip push up places more emphasis on your chest, rather than triceps or shoulders. Kneel down on the floor and place your hands on the floor in front of you at around wider than shoulder width apart.
- Now take your knees off the floor and step back with your feet until your legs are outstretched and your toes are on the floor. Your body should be straight from head to toe. This is the starting position for the wide grip push up.
- Keeping your body straight, slowly lower your torso as low as possible without touching the floor.
- Pause, then raise back to the starting position. Do not lock your elbows out!
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep your body straight throughout the set. Don't allow your mid-section to sag.
- Don't lock your elbows out at the top of the movement. This takes the tension off your target muscles.