Twisting Cable Crunch Video Guide3 5 1
- The twisting cable crunch is designed to work your obliques and abs. Attach the rope attachment to a high pulley cable and set the appropriate weight on the stack.
- Stand directly in front of the cable machine, facing away from it.
- Grasp the rope from behind your head with your palms facing inward and drop to your knees.
- Your buttocks should be resting on top of your feet.
- Keeping your elbows bent and hands at either head height or shoulder height, crunch down in a twisting motion so that you're bringing your right elbow down towards your left knee.
- Pause, then slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement, but this time bring your left elbow down to your right knee.
- This exercise works best when done slowly and with perfect form.
- Your buttocks should be touching your heels at all times.
- Focus on crunching the abs in, not pivoting at the hips.
- As you increase weight it may be more comfortable to rest the rope on your shoulders.