Toes Out Seated Calf Raise Video Guide3 5 1
- Set up for the toes out seated calf raise by loading up the machine with the weight you want to use.
- Sit on the machine with the padding on top of your thighs and the balls of your feet on the edge of the foot pad.
- Twist your ankles so that your toes are pointing in, away from each other.
- Push up with your calves to take the weight off rack.
- Release the safety and slowly let your heels drop as far as possible. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise your heels up a high as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the calf muscles, and then slowly lower your heals back down as far as possible.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- When pointing your toes out, the goal is to place more emphasis on the inner side of your calves. This theory is still debated amongst lifters.
- Always use the maximum range of motion by letting the heels drop as far as possible and pushing your heels up as high as possible.
- To add intensity pause and hold for a count of 2-3 at the top of the movement (heels up).