Standing One Arm Cable Row Video Guide3.5 5 2
- Biceps, Lats, Traps
- Set up for the standing one arm cable row by attaching a single handle to the low pulley cable. Adjust the stack to the desired weight.
- Position yourself around 3 feet from the cable machine and grasp the handle with your right hand.
- Take the weight off the stack and bend at the knees slightly. Put your left hand on your left thigh for stability.
- Starting with an overhand position, begin pulling your arm in towards your side.
- As you're pulling the weight, twist at the wrist to form a neutral grip (palms facing in).
- Pull your arm in as far a possible and squeeze through the shoulder blades.
- Slowly lower the weight back down, twisting at the wrist back to the overhand position.
- Repeat on the opposite arm.
- As with all one arm movements, always do the weakest side of the body first. For most people this will be the left side.
- Keep your body fixed throughout the movement, moving your arm only.
- Focus on pulling the weight with your back muscles, only using your forearms to hold the weight.
- As the weight increases, you can use your opposite arm to hold onto the cable machine for support.