Standing Dumbbell Reverse Curl Video Guide4.6 5 5
- The standing dumbbell reverse curl hits both the biceps and forearms hard. Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand straight up holding the dumbbells on your thighs with your palms facing you (reverse grip).
- Take the weight off your body, so the forearms are biceps are tight. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbows fixed in place, shoulders back, and eyes facing forward, slowly curl the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze, and then slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Do not "swing" as you curl the weight up, as this will assist your arms in moving the weight.
- Keep your elbows by your sides. Do not let them come forward as you curl the dumbbells up. This will bring your front shoulders into play, and you want to keep the emphasis on your forearms and biceps.