Single Bench Dip Video Guide3 5 2
- Chest, Shoulders
- To perform this exercise all you need is a flat bench and some space. Position your hands shoulder width apart on the flat bench.
- Move your feet out until your legs are straight.
- Straighten out your arms and keep a little bend in your elbows in order to always keep tension on your triceps and off of your elbow joints.
- Slowly lower your upper body down towards the floor with your elbows tucked in at your sides until your elbows are level with your shoulders.
- Pause, and then slowly press off with your hands and push yourself back up to the starting position with your triceps.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- It's important that you do not dip down too low. Your shoulders should go no lower than your elbows. Dipping lower than this places a lot of stress on your shoulder joints.
- Keep your elbows tucked in at your sides as your dip down.
- Squeeze the triceps at the top of the movement.