Side Crunch Video Guide4 5 3
- Set up by getting a bench and placing a mat on the floor at a right angle to it. You might want to add some weight to the bench, as this will be used as a support for the exercise.
- To setup for the exercise, lay down on your side on the mat.
- Place one foot in front of the other and rest under the bench.
- Put your left arm (closest to the floor) across your body to touch your side, and with your right arm touch the side of your head. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Bring your right arm and head up as far as possible, crunching your abdominal/oblique muscles.
- Lower back to the start position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and repeat for other side.
Side Crunch Tips:
- Do the exercise slowly.
- Pause at the top of the exercise for maximum results.