Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down Video Guide4.3 5 3
- Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders
- Set up for the reverse grip lat pull down by attaching a wide grip bar to the machine, selecting the weight you want to use and adjusting the thigh pad.
- While standing, grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up) at wider than shoulder width apart.
- Holding the bar, sit down on the machine. This should take the weight off the stack.
- Keeping your back straight, eyes facing forward, and without leaning back, slowly pull the bar down to your upper chest. Do not let the bar touch your chest.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position. Do not let the weight touch the stack.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Focus on using your lats to move the weight rather than your biceps. Your forearms should only serve to hold the weight, not move the weight.
- Squeeze your lats in at the bottom of the exercise and pause for a count of 1-2 to get the most out of this exercise.