One Leg Smith Machine Seated Calf Raise Video Guide0 5 0
- Set up for the one leg smith machine seated calf raise by placing a flat bench in the smith machine and putting a step or calf Block under the bar.
- Lower the bar and add the weight you want to use.
- Sit on the end of the bench with your feet and knees together and and place your left foot on the block with the balls of your feet on the edge.
- Take the bar off the rack and rest it on your left thigh.
- Allow your heel to drop as far as possible without touching the floor. This is the exerting position.
- Execute the movement by raising your heel up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the calf muscle, and then slowly lower your heal back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat on the right leg.
- This exercise is great for those without access to a seated calf raise machine.
- Always work your weakest leg first. For most people this will be their left leg.
- Keep the rep timing slow and focus on the upward contraction and downward stretch.
- Pause and squeeze the muscle at the top of the movement.