One Leg Bodyweight Wall Squat Video Guide2.6 5 5
- Abs, Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
- Set up for the one leg wall squat by positioning yourself with your back flat against a wall.
- Walk your feet out a few steps while keeping your upper body flat against the wall. Your legs should be straight with a slight bend in your knees and your feet should be just inside shoulder width apart.
- Now Lift your right foot from the floor and extend your leg out in front of you. This is the starting position.
- While bending at the knee and sliding your torso downward (still pressed against the wall) lower your buttocks towards the ground.
- Squat down until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Keep your right leg extended to keep your foot from touching the the ground.
- Pause for a moment and press through your heel to push yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps and then repeat using your right leg.
- Keep your torso as still as possible throughout the movement with your back straight and constantly pressed against the wall.
- Keep your head up and eyes facing forward.
- To get the full benefit of the squat, drop your buttocks down as low as possible - at least until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- For extra intensity, pause for a few seconds at the bottom of the movement.