One Arm Seated Dumbbell Curl Video Guide3.8 5 8
- Set up for the one arm seated dumbbell curl by grabbing a flat bench or adjustable bench and placing a dumbbell at one end. If you're using an adjustable bench, adjust the back to a 90 degree angle.
- Sit on the end of the bench with your feet out in front of you and your knees together.
- Pick up the dumbbell off the floor with your weakest arm (for most people this will be the left) with your palm facing up.
- Bend the arm slightly to take the tension into the bicep. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your back straight and your elbow tucked in at your side, slowly curl up the dumbbell up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the bicep hard, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat for the other arm.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.
- Keep your elbow tucked in at your side, don't allow it to come forward as you move the weight. Only your forearm should move.