One Arm Dumbbell Bench Press Video Guide3 5 2
- Shoulders, Triceps
- Set up for the one arm bench press by getting the required dumbbell (note: use a lighter weight than you would usually use for dumbbell bench press) and sitting it at the end of a flat bench.
- Grasp the dumbbell with your left hand and rest it on your left thigh. Using your right hand for stability, rock back and push the dumbbell straight up. You can use your right hand to grasp the bench for stability. This is the starting position for the movement.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell until your chest muscle is fully outstretched (usually this is when the dumbbell is level with your chest).
- Pause, then squeeze the chest muscle as you raise the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps, and do the same with your right arm.
Dumbbell Bench Press Tips:
- Use slow and controlled movement. Lowering the weight should typically take twice as long as raising it.
- Start the exercise off with your weakest side. For most people this is the left.