Lying Wide Dumbbell Curl Video Guide4 5 8
- The lying wide dumbbell curl is all about muscle stretch and contraction while taking advantage of light weights. This is a finishing exercise that can be used as the last exercise in your bicep routine. Grab a pair of light dumbbells and lay down on your back on a flat bench.
- Using a neutral grip (palms facing your body), extend your arms straight out to your side.
- Your wrists, elbows and shoulder should be in line.
- Keeping your upper arms fixed, slowly curls the dumbbell in towards your shoulders.
- As you do so, twist at the wrist to form an underhand grip.
- Squeeze the biceps, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- It's very important that you use a light weight and get the technique right before using a heavier weight.
- Your upper arms and shoulders should not move throughout the set. All movement should occur in your forearms.
- You should use ultra-slow rep timing to emphasize the stretch and contraction of the biceps.