Incline Dumbbell Curl Video Guide3.4 5 45
- Setu p for the incline dumbbell curl by setting the bench at a 30-45 degree incline and sitting a pair of dumbbells at the end. The lower the incline, the more challenging the exercise will be so 30 degrees is preferred.
- Sit on the bench, pick up the dumbbells and lay back with your back flat on the padding.
- You should be holding the dumbbells with an underhand grip, palms facing up.
- Take up the slack in your arms by slightly bending them, as this will put tension on the biceps. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbows fixed, slowly curl both the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps, and then slowly lower them back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight on the way down.
- Keep your elbows fixed. They should not come forward as you curl the weight up as only your forearms should move.