Hyperextension Video Guide3.6 5 28
- Glutes, Hamstrings
- The hyperextension is a good exercise for strengthening the lower back. Set up on a hyperextension machine.
- Bending at the waist only and keeping your back straight, slowly lower your upper body down until it's around 90 degrees to the floor.
- Raise upper body back to starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Do this exercise slowly! Slow and controlled movements will get the best results.
- You can make this exercise more challenging by holding a weight plate against your chest.