Hip Adduction Machine Video Guide3.5 5 2
- Glutes, Hamstrings
- Set up for the exercise by setting the weight you want to use on an adductor machine.
- Stand facing the machine with the leg padding pressed up against the inside of your left leg.
- Stand up straight with your right foot placed back and out of the way and hold on to the machine handles for stability. This is the starting position.
- Slowly sweep your left leg out in front of your right leg, lifting the weight from the stack. Push your leg as far as comfortably possible.
- Pause for a moment and then slowly return your leg to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps and then repeat using your right leg.
- Many adductor machines will be seated. In this case you will simply bring both thighs together pushing against the padding.
- Don't allow the weight to drop to the stack. Slowly lower it in a controlled fashion and focus on the contraction in your hips and thighs.
- Keep your upper body as still as possible, moving only at the hip of the working leg.