Hanging Leg Raise Video Guide3.3 5 32
- The hanging leg raise is an awesome exercise for building the lower abs. All you need for this exercise is somewhere to hang from. It could be a chinup bar or it could be a tree.
- Once you're hanging, tense up the mid section. While keeping your legs straight, raise your them up slowly. You should raise your legs are high as possible.
- Pause for a second, and slowly lower your legs back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Leg Raise Tips:
- Speed is so important with the hanging leg raise. If you swing your legs, you're using momentum and your abs will not benefit much from the exercise.
- Do not allow your body to swing. Keep your torso as still and controlled as possible.
- Advanced lifters can add weight by holding a dumbbell between the feet.