Good Mornings Video Guide3 5 24
- Abs, Glutes, Lower Back
- Good mornings are a compound exercise that hit the lower back and hamstrings and uses the glutes as secondary muscles. Set up for the exercise by placing a barbell across the back of your shoulders. The bar shoulder rest on the trap muscles, not the back of the neck.
- Stand up straight, with a straight back, and with your eyes facing forward.
- Execute the exercise by slowly bending forward at the hips while keeping your back straight, head up, and eyes looking straight out in front of you.
- Lower yourself down until your back is about parallel with the floor.
- Do not pause at the bottom of the exercise, and immediately start raising your upper body back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Good Morning Tips:
- It's extremely important to keep your back straight throughout the exercise. Technique is more important than weight with this one.
- Stretch out your hamstrings on the way down, and contract on the way up.
- Always keep your eyes facing out in front of you. If you look at the floor, your back with arch.