Floor Calf Raise Video Guide4.4 5 5
- The floor calf raise is the simplest calf exercise you can do, and no equipment is required. Stand with your feet around shoulder width apart close to something you can hold onto for balance (if needed).
- Take your heels slightly off the floor. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise your heels up as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the calves, and then lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- Don't let your heels rest on the floor! Repeat for desired reps.
Calf Raise Tips:
- Pause and squeeze for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Don't "rest" at the bottom of the movement by pausing.
- Once your heels are down as far as they go without resting on the floor, start the next rep.
- Don't Bend at the knees.